latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restrict New Member Registration

Home Forums Community Forum Restrict New Member Registration

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 8:39 pm #28361
David Newman
Username: Newms34

Firstly, new here, so I apologize if this has already been covered. I have searched quite a bit thru the forums, but so far I cannot find anything that seems to pertain to this.
Here’s my scenario:
I am creating a website for an organization that wants a “members only” page. I’d like people to be able to register as lvl 1 “members” to be able to view this page, but only those whom the organization pre-approves. In other words, I’d like the page to either A) send the website owners an email with which they need to use to “OK” the new user, or B) require a passcode before the members can register.
Is this possible with s2Member? I apologize for being a bit of a newbie with this, and thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Oct 14th, 2012 at 12:37 am #28366
cassel
Username: cassel

A simple way might be to protect the content for one level above the entry level, and when you have a member register at level 1 (or 0 which is free), you can manually change the level to 2 so only after that “approval process” can the member access the protected content since level 1 would not be able to access it.

As far as getting a notification, check s2Member® API / Notifications > Signup Notifications . It might be just what you need.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.