latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restrict public offer to one time only

Home Forums Community Forum Restrict public offer to one time only

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 9:12 am #42026

Hi I would like to have a public offer offering your 1st 7 days for £1 then £9.95 each month recurring however I would like to try to restrict this as much as possible so you can only get the offer once. So you can not cancel every time and just re-register for £1.

Is it possible to not allow the same email address to obtain the offer twice? I know people could just use a different one but at least after a while it might be annoying enough to put people off. Are there any other ways you could recommend this offer is not abused?

Cheers
Paul

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 10:38 pm #42226
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Paul,

So basically you don’t want users to be able to use this offer twice, correct?

If that’s so, why don’t you make that form assign the user a custom capability (ccap)? That way you just have to check that the user hasn’t already used it before.

Of course if they do it with a new username they can do it, or with another email address.

– Eduan

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.