latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restricting contacting members in Buddypress

Home Forums Community Forum Restricting contacting members in Buddypress

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 9:49 pm #12532

I am building a Buddypress site with 2 different types of members. I would like members to be able to search each other out and see each others profiles however, I would only like paid members to have the ability to be able to contact other members. I have set up the custom profile fields and forms already but I do not know how to restrict the contacting of other members. For example something like a Match.com type of site.

I have tried searching the forum for a while but had no luck.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 5:00 am #12562

Victor, you would need to edit the template that shows that info and use some conditionals to prevent/allow that depending on the type of member. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 11:59 am #12767

Thanks for the reply. I am by no means a code person but I think I can figure out the conditionals. My problem now is that I just can not find the template or section that I should be editing. Where do you think it might be and what type of script should I be looking for? Thanks for the help! Here are a list of templates in the editor:

Templates
404 Template
(404.php)
Archives
(archive.php)
Attachment Template
(attachment.php)
Comments
(comments.php)
Footer
(footer.php)
Full Width Page Template
(full-width.php)
Header
(header.php)
Links Page Template
(links.php)
Main Index Template
(index.php)
Page Template
(page.php)
Search Form
(searchform.php)
Search Results
(search.php)
Sidebar
(sidebar.php)
Single Post
(single.php)
Theme Functions
(functions.php)
activate.php
(activate.php)
activity-loop.php
(activity-loop.php)
ajax.php
(ajax.php)
blogs-loop.php
(blogs-loop.php)
cheezcap.php
(cheezcap.php)
comment.php
(comment.php)
config.php
(config.php)
create.php
(create.php)
custom-community.php
(custom-community.php)
entry.php
(entry.php)
forums-loop.php
(forums-loop.php)
get-pro.php
(get-pro.php)
groups-loop.php
(groups-loop.php)
library.php
(library.php)
loader.php
(loader.php)
members-loop.php
(members-loop.php)
post-form.php
(post-form.php)
post-metabox.php
(post-metabox.php)
register.php
(register.php)
search-loop.php
(search-loop.php)
search-single.php
(search-single.php)
sidebar-left.php
(sidebar-left.php)

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 1:44 am #13030
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Victor,

This is unfortunately outside the scope of our support policy (please see s2Member® » Support Policy » Outside Scope). Those theme files contain templates and code specific to the theme you’re using, so the person to contact would be the theme developer. You may also want to consider posting a job listing on jobs.wordpress.net to hire a programmer who is familiar with WordPress and BuddyPress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.