latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Resubscribe problems

Home Forums Community Forum Resubscribe problems

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 6:11 am #18258
Nick
Username: cleeveracing

Hi,

I have members who pay & join for a month or more. When there subscription expires they are downgraded to subscriber status (from S4). If they act on a follow up email and go to resubscribe, after paying they are sent to an S2 page and asked to enter their profile details.

They enter the details that already exist in the S2 database and get an error message saying these details are already in use.

How can I overcome this problem??

thanks
Nick

p.s. I am not receiving reply notification emails from you (and they are not being spammed)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 11:47 pm #18332

Hi Nick.

When the user wants to upgrade his account again, he needs to be logged in to the account. If he’s not logged in, then the payment will go towards a new account to be registered, not an existing account. He has to be logged in when he starts the checkout for s2Member to relate the payment to the account. They’re probably logged out and after payment try to register a new account with the same email address they used for the first account, and WordPress won’t let them.

I hope that helps. :)

About the notifications, it’s probably something with your email service blocking the emails from us, I don’t know. Most of us do receive the notifications without a problem, so emails are going out. What email service are you using?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 10:11 am #18918
Nick
Username: cleeveracing

Hi Christian,

The notification emails are not being spammed…. so not sure what is happening there.

My problem is that these are separate products so are viewed by non-members and members alike, I guess the only way round it is to state that ‘if you are already a member please login before you buy (not very elegant!).

thanks for your help here…

regards
Nick

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 2:27 am #18995
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Nick,

For issues with email, I recommend checking out Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.