latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Resubscribe Questions

Home Forums Community Forum Resubscribe Questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Brian Stoiber 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Dec 15th, 2013 at 10:35 pm #61953

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Dec 16th, 2013 at 7:13 pm #61976
cassel
Username: cassel

I don’t think the account is deleted in case the subscription expires. I think the member is demoted to Level 0 ((Free subscriber). In this case, you can maybe create a subscription/payment button and hide it within a conditional that the member has to be a Level 0 one, which means that they still have an account and they are logged in.

Would that work?

Posted: Monday Dec 16th, 2013 at 8:10 pm #61978

how would I write that? Below would only show it to the specific member and that is no problem. The problem is that when you try to sign up, you can’t use the same username because it is already in use. Unless I am missing something but I have looked and can’t figure this out.

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level0)]
    Button
[/s2If]

Or if I were to do this:

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level0)]
<a title="Membership Options" href="http://doaminname.com/membership-options/">Renew Your Membership</a>
[/s2If]

…would it allow you to just make another payment and attribute that payment to your account?

Posted: Monday Dec 16th, 2013 at 8:22 pm #61980
cassel
Username: cassel

I am 99% sure the member does not have to re-register. If they are Level 0 (so they have to be logged in), then the system would recognise their account (or should), so they would have their level upgraded (if you put a button to a level 1 product). So your first code should work.

In fact, if the member is NOT logged in, that is when they would be requested to create an account, or their level wont be upgraded correctly. But since the button is wrapped in a conditional, it will appear only to logged in members at level 0.

You can also add something like this

[s2If is_user_logged_in()]
   If you want to purchase another .... you need to log in first.
[/s2If]

So if the member is not logged in, they will be prompted to do so, and once they are logged in, they will see the button and not the prompt.

Posted: Monday Dec 16th, 2013 at 8:26 pm #61981

Ok, I think I understand now. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.