latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Returning From PayPal No Registration Form

Home Forums Community Forum Returning From PayPal No Registration Form

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 7:52 pm #8301
Kris Stokes
Username: k5stokes

I saw this thread on the old forums, but I can’t find it here.

I have S2Member Pro installed. I started with S2Member Framework, and users were redirected from PayPal to my registration form. Yesterday I upgraded to S2Member Pro, and they are now redirected to home page and receive an e-mail with a registration link.

That works; but we want people to be able to immediately register. Not wait for an e-mail.

Notes:
* I have BuddyPress installed with BuddyPress Disable Activation Email plugin, to stop BuddyPress from taking over and doing what S2Member is doing now (sending an activation e-mail). The S2Member PayPal => Registration page process was working fine with those plugins before I upgraded to S2Member Pro.

* I double-checked my PayPal settings, both the IPN and auto-return match my S2Member settings.

* I’m offering a 4-week free trial, but that shouldn’t be a problem with S2Member Pro, right? And it wasn’t before I upgraded.

Can anyone help? Or hasencountered something similar?

site:
http://muskylureclub.com

Old forums post:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3151&p=59699

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 16th, 2012 at 2:38 pm #8390
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kris,

Are you using the success= shortcode attribue in your signup buttons? With s2Member Pro, you can add that shortcode to any signup buttons to redirect to a specific URL after checkout. See Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained).

Also, now that you have s2Member Pro, you may want to consider using the Pro-Forms (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms), which allows the user to create his username/password during the checkout process, as opposed to doing it afterwards. (s2Member doesn’t give their account access until it receives an IPN message from PayPal confirming that payment was successful.)

Posted: Friday Mar 16th, 2012 at 3:08 pm #8395
Kris Stokes
Username: k5stokes

Thanks, Raam, for the quick feedback.

I have already tried the

success=""

shortcode attribute on my signup buttons. I put

success="http://muskylureclub.com/register"

on the buttons (which is the registration URL I want to redirect to).

What happened was that I first got the same S2Member page, saying that I (the customer) would receive an important e-mail with instructions. The page had a button to click that said “Home page,” but when clicked, took me to the registration page I had specified in my

success=""

shortcode attribute.

BUT, when I then filled out the registration form, it created me as a Subscriber role (Level 0) member. I had paid as Level 1.

When the confirmation e-mail arrived, as it did, it had a link to the registration page. Following that link took me to the registration page, and filling out the form then created me as a Level 1 member, with the PayPal subscriber ID from my transaction.

So that will create members who have paid, but won’t have a record that they’ve paid! Can’t do that.

As for Pro-Forms, I have S2Member Pro, but PayPal Standard. I need PayPal Pro for Pro-Forms, correct? The monthly fee for PayPal Pro isn’t in our budget.

Posted: Friday Mar 16th, 2012 at 4:48 pm #8416

Hi Kris.

You can use the pro-form without PayPal Pro, but since it’ll be through PayPal’s Express Checkout, your customer will be required to have a PayPal account. If you’re selling a subscription, that’s fine then, since PayPal Standard will require the same from him.
Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

About the registration problem, the thing is that there may be a delay from PayPal to send the payment confirmation to s2Member, so if the user already got back to your site and s2Member isn’t sure if he paid, it has to tell him he’ll get the email with the link to register. If s2Member gets the confirmation right away, then it’ll set a cookie in the user’s browser and take him to the registration page, and because of the cookie, the registration page will let him register even if you have registrations closed.

For more details on what’s going on, please enable logging, test once more and after getting the problem again get the related entries from the log files, and paste them here x’ing out any private info (e.g. email address).
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.