latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

RRA = 0 Failed Payments Paypal

Home Forums Community Forum RRA = 0 Failed Payments Paypal

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 2:51 pm #55686
LG
Username: lg

I had previously posted about recurring paypal subscriptions and RRA settings. See here for reference:

https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/failed-paypal-payments-and-eot/

What I am writing here should be attached to the forum post but the post was closed so I am opening this one.

After my first call to paypal they said (and Bruce the support tech said):
“Settings RRA to 0 will allow 0 failed payments, meaning that s2Member will demote a User on the first failed payment. This is all handled by PayPal’s side of things, and was recently changed.”

I had set my RRA to 0 which will set the Paypal field “This profile will be suspended after” to “No limit failures”.

After I had seen that one of my user’s accounts with “No limit failures” was continuously billed and their account wasn’t suspended I called paypal back. They then told me “No limit failures” meant that the account would never be canceled. FYI call the merchant accounts department, they are in charge of this (don’t deal with the lower level support).

Paypal’s suggestion is to set “This profile will be suspended after” to 1. Or RRA =1.
I will try this and report back.

For something so vital and criticial as recurring membership payments, I am shocked to see the documentation is lacking.

I am hoping that setting RRA to 1 will result in cancellation of accounts after the next attempt (for accounts which had previous attempts made). Paypal told me that the “This profile will be suspended after” field doesn’t apply retroactively.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 8:03 am #55755

For Express Checkout or PayPal Pro subscriptions, [hilite mono]rra[/hilite] set to [hilite mono]0[/hilite] means an indefinite number of attempts. It’s counter-intuitive, but many PayPal things are… You can see the [hilite mono]rra[/hilite] attribute explained here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> rra[/hilite]

Setting rra=”0″ means that you allow an infinite number of failed payments.

The PayPal Standard [hilite mono]rra[/hilite], does disable repeated attempts when set to [hilite mono]0[/hilite], though (unless they changed that recently). [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> rra[/hilite]

I’ll ask Jason to confirm this, so we can clear up any confusion.

Posted: Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 at 3:37 am #56095

Jason confirms what I said above. I hope that helps clear it up. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.