latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

RTMP Cloudfront Streaming – can't get to work

Home Forums Community Forum RTMP Cloudfront Streaming – can't get to work

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 3:48 pm #19065
seamsite
Username: nomadznet

I am very impressed with the s2member plugin. I’m saying this because I want to sugar-coat what I am going to say next without prejudicing the fact that you have a great product. The RMTP integration is really, really frustrating – and, quite frankly, tremendously rubbish in comparison to your other tech advice and support.

I have S3 and Cloudfront integration working. This is great.

I can specify either S3 or Cloudfront for video download. This is great.

But – for the life of me – I cannot get RTMP to work. Yes, I’ve seen the code that you suggest. But I can’t get it to work. And, besides, it’s full of PHP and other nonsense that requires several plugins to get working on the page.

I think the cleanest solution would be to allow us to use a simple short code with parameters to get RTMP working. Wouldn’t that be nice? Something along the lines of:
[s2video type=”cf-streaming” filename=”video.mp4″]

Something really simple that doesn’t require lots of other hacks and nonsense…

Anyways, back to my problem…
I have installed the ‘Raw html’ plugin
I have installed a PHP plugin (not PHP-Exec but another one)
I have copied the code into a page and given it the necessary tags.
But I cannot get the RTMP to work. I can get it to work in every other way. But I’m at a loss as to what to do next.

After doing the above, I get a page that simply has this text on it:
$s2_jw_config[“mp4_video_file_name”], “url_to_storage_source” => true, “count_against_user” => true); ?> Sorry, you do NOT have access to this file.

Not very helpful. And, believe me, I have been trying…

I really, really, really want to suggest that you make this a short code function of some kind… because it is incredibly complex and difficult to troubleshoot otherwise. The less coding on the client side, the better – IMHO.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 1:58 am #19125
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi David,

Have you tried this custom shortcode?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.