latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2 member and seo

Home Forums Community Forum s2 member and seo

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 10:18 am #16066
Nigel
Username: enquirer32

I’ve been looking at SEO Profiler – seems useful. I’ve checked a specific page as they suggest for a Top 10 Optimizer check and it gives this result for page url meta data:

Your page URL http://mysite.com/subscribe/?_s2member_seeking%5btype%5d=post&_s2member_seeking%5bpost%5d=10390&_s2member_seeking%5b_uri%5d=lzewmzkwl2xhcm1hbmrpzxitymvybmllci1ncmfuzc1jcnutymxhbmmtzgutymxhbmnzlw%3d%3d&_s2member_req%5btype%5d=level&_s2member_req%5blevel%5d=1&_s2member_res%5btype%5d=post&s2member_seeking=post-10390&s2member_level_req=1 indicates a dynamic URL. Search engines might have problems crawling and ranking dynamic URLs. Official Google information about dynamic URLs: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/dynamic-urls-vs-static-urls.html

This looks pretty ghastly and complete negates all of my efforts with pretty urls, Yoast SEO, translated slugs etc etc

What do you think?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 12:12 pm #16071
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

This is the URL that is used when someone tries to access a protected page. If that’s the only URL issue it had, I would say you are probably pretty good.

Just my 2 cents.

Dave

Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 11:26 pm #16187
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Nigel,

As David mentioned, the Membership Options Page is handled dynamically by s2Member, for various reasons. You don’t need to worry about Google having issues with that page.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.