latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2 Member Aweber Integration

Home Forums Community Forum S2 Member Aweber Integration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 5:03 pm #45187

Please Please Please make it so the S2Member registration form works with aWeber and follows the proper authentication. Otherwise, my Aweber list will not match my registrations on my site. This will occur because many people will not opt in to the aweber confirmation. This is especially so because they receive the password email at the same time and clients are confused between the process of opting in and registering. Aweber requires opt in confirmation in any case where their form is not used. But, s2Member could act as an aweber form by passing the proper authentication information to them to not require confirmation. This is the only way an S2 member users list on aweber will match its registrants and should be fixed so s2Member users can be insured of full integration between aWeber and s2Member.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 3:10 am #45304
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your thoughts.

I checked the Aweber site, and it appears it’s possible to turn OFF Opt-in completely.

See: https://help.aweber.com/entries/21664348-Can-I-Disable-Confirmed-Opt-In-

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:02 am #45331

Yes- It is possible to shut off Aweber opt in completely on an Aweber form ONLY. I have talked with them directly about this- S2Memeber / AWeber integration will not ever work correctly unless the registration form acts as an aWeber form and authenticates the email. Otherwise is will send the opt in email even if it is turned off. Thus the Aweber mail system will only work for those who opted in as I described and the integration of S2Member and Aweber will always be partial. Believe me, this has been very thoroughly researched before posting.

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 4:12 pm #45517
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

I’ll have our development team look into this. Thank you for the information. :-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.