latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2 Member Not Recognizing My Custom Template

Home Forums Community Forum s2 Member Not Recognizing My Custom Template

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:43 am #54375
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

I’m about to start setting up a custom checkout form template by following the instructions here LINK HERE

I placed a simple h1 tag with the text “test” above the form and for whatever reason s2 member is still pulling the original checkout template. To test my theory of it not recognizing my template, I placed another set of test words in h1 tags in the original template file within my s2 member pro plugin files and that text did appear. I’ve since removed the text from the original template file, cleared all cache (I know it was a reach, but I wanted to rule it out). As you may have guessed, s2 is still pulling the default template, rather than the one I’d like to modify in my child theme’s folder.

Here is a link to the checkout form live LINK HERE

Any direction would be awesome. I have very few mods that I’d like to do and really thought I’d be in and out and then Murphy’s Law kicked in and blocked me from making this a “quick mod”. Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 12:40 am #54451
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

As you may have guessed, s2 is still pulling the default template, rather than the one I’d like to modify in my child theme’s folder.

If you’re using a child theme, you’ll either need to use the template attribute to tell s2Member to use the template in your Child Theme’s directory, or move the template to your parent theme’s directory. That’s probably your issue.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -› template

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 10:03 pm #54552
VegasKev

Bruce,

Thank you for your reply.

Just a head’s up, I’m using Authorize.net rather than paypal as mentioned in my OP. I did, however follow the authnet shortcode instructions and added the template file within the signup shortcode. Unfortunately, that did not work. I copied it over to the parent theme, which worked, but as I’m sure you know, that is definitely not the best way to go. I need to be able to have all my customizations in my child theme.

Please advise on what else I can do to operate a custom checkout template within my child theme please.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 10:29 pm #54553
Bruce
Staff Member

I did, however follow the authnet shortcode instructions and added the template file within the signup shortcode. Unfortunately, that did not work.

With the template attribute, you have to do a relative path from your themes directory. Did you try moving your template to your themes directory instead of your child theme’s directory? Maybe there was an issue with the path.

If you can’t figure that out, send me a Dashboard Login here, and I’ll take a look:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 12:55 am #54577
VegasKev

that was it…thank you Bruce. I just needed to add the /themes/child-theme-name/form-name.php to the shortcode, whereas I was using form-name.php in the shortcode. Much appreciated and thank you for the fast response.

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 1:42 am #54584
Bruce
Staff Member

Cool, thanks for the update. Let us know if you have any further issues. :-)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.