latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2 member Setting lost after deployment

Home Forums Community Forum S2 member Setting lost after deployment

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Philly 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 4:40 am #17917
Hody Hong
Username: hodyhong

Hi,

I am using Wp 3.3.2 and S2 member standard version 120608.
First of all, thank you for this great plugin.

After using this for a while, I found out that every time after i deploy my website to a new URL.
All my settings lost and S2 member revert back to default setting. This is getting annoying and causing some panic attacks on my client.

Am i missing some steps to avoid this happening?
Please advice.

Thank you and appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:21 am #17943
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Hody,

Did you make sure that Deactivation Safeguards were enabled in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards?

If they’re already enabled, could you please explain what you mean by “deploy your website to a new URL”?

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:50 am #17948
Hody Hong
Username: hodyhong

We have staging server and a production server for all our sites. s2member was configured properly in the staging server. Our deployment method is to copying all the wordpress files and do a database dumb to the production server. However all the s2member settings will be clear in the production server. We have to manually configure everything again. Can you please let us know what is the proper deployment method between two servers?

Hody

Posted: Sunday Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:22 am #18012

Hi,

We have the exact same problem!

Test environment is OK, but when we move the installation to a production environment (which has a different URL, of course) all settings are gone. All of them: memberships, s2 options, paypal options, paypal buttons. The are simply gone.

The thing is that there a LOT of options and re-creating them is VERY tedious and error-prone!

Takis

Posted: Sunday Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:52 am #18014

Seems that the only way to achieve this is to export settings from the source installation and import them back to the target installation, right?

Posted: Sunday Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:53 am #18015

@ Hody
@ Takis

Have you tried using s2members import/export functionality?

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› s2Member® Options (Import/Export)

Is it just s2members settings that are lost or are all settings in general including wordpress settings lost?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.