latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2 pro form : login with email id & pw

Home Forums Community Forum s2 pro form : login with email id & pw

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  RK Creative 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:31 pm #11449

Is there any way to login with email id & password on pro forms?

I have tried using wp email login plugin but it does not affect pro form at all.

Pro form seems to allow login with username & password combo only.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 7:44 am #11500

Do you mean the Pro Login Widget? Right, that other plugin won’t affect this widget. I don’t know how to make the widget accept the email address instead of the username. I’ll ask Jason if there’s a way.

Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 10:27 am #11507

That would be very helpful. These additional features will make s2member pro and even more attractive solution.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 7:23 pm #11779
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

Right, s2Member and WordPress (at least, by default), require a Username/Password combination. s2Member’s Pro Login Widget posts data to /wp-login.php, which contains the core WordPress routines for validating these credentials. The ability to login with an email address would require custom mods, or perhaps another plugin which is designed to handle that type of scenario.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:38 pm #11797
Staff Member

Cristian asked me to take another look at this for you.

I just did a quick review of that plugin you posted. It looks like the changes this plugin makes will allow the Pro Login Widget to function this way also. So it’s fine. The only remaining issue is the wording in the Pro Login Widget itself. Instead of asking a User for a “Username” in the Pro Login Widget, it might be desirable to ask for Username or Email Address.

The change needed is at line #118 inside:
/s2member-pro/includes/classes/login-widget.inc.php

Find:

echo '<label for="ws-plugin--s2member-pro-login-widget-username">' . _x ("Username", "s2member-front", "s2member") . ':</label><br />' . "\n";

Change to:

echo '<label for="ws-plugin--s2member-pro-login-widget-username">' . _x ("Username or Email Address", "s2member-front", "s2member") . ':</label><br />' . "\n";

This could be handled with a Filter against gettext_with_context, but that might produce unwanted changes in other areas of s2Member, where all you’d want is just Username. Therefore, it’s better to hard code this particular change following the instructions above. I’ll see what we can do to make this simpler going forward.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 25th, 2012 at 2:26 am #11803

Nice! :)

Posted: Wednesday Apr 25th, 2012 at 6:34 am #11824

Fantastic Jason. I’m sure you’ll find a way to add this as another admin feature to the already impressive array in a future release.

Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.