latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2M Login Widget

Home Forums Community Forum S2M Login Widget

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 31st, 2012 at 5:19 pm #35866

I started using the S2M Pro Login widget instead of login using ajax but kept getting calls from clients that no one can login whenever an upgrade of the s2 files took place.

I use a program that upgrades over 70 sites with one click and because of the s2 needing the extra upgrade step with user/pass the widget will not display.

My question is… Can the login widget stay working during the time between upgrading and login/pass confirming?

If not I am going back to a 3rd party login widget as they do not disappear during this window…

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 1:15 pm #35897
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Victor,

I’m afraid that this is not possible. You need to upgrade the pro version manually or have it upgrade automatically by some script.

In the time that this pro version is not updated/installed the pro login widget can not remain active. So you might be interested in making a script that upgrades it along with the rest. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 2:09 pm #35906

I see. The script sounds like a good Idea.

By chance, can you point to someone who has a script that can do this?

I have about 8 sites that drop down when this happens.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 3:27 pm #35913
Eduan

I’m afraid I’m not aware of a script that does this. But I can provide the basic idea of it so that you can implement it. I’m gonna do it with PHP syntax, although it doesn’t mean you can’t do it with Python or whatever you prefer.

// the variable with your s2member.com credentials
$credentials = array(
	'user' => 'username',
	'pass' => 'password',
)

// here you have a function that ges called every time that plugin of yours runs
// this function would be something like...
function update_s2member_pro($credentials) {
	// somehow contact s2member
	// give s2member.com credentials and have it create a download key
	$down_key = // here goes the result of that action, the download key

// somehow call s2member.com with this url:
	// http://www.s2member.com/wp-content/downloads/s2member-file-download-key-{$down_key}/s2member-pro.zip
	// make it download that url above
	// delete old s2member-pro folder
	// unzip this new version in it's proper location
}

That’s just sort of a crude idea of it, I have no idea how you would accomplish this, but it gives you a general idea of what to do. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 3:51 pm #35916

Sounds good – thanks for your attention!

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 4:09 pm #35918
Eduan

No problem. :)

If you ever do figure it out please share it, I would be interested in knowing how it turns out. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.