latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member and paypal IPN

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member and paypal IPN

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 8:32 am #23684

I want to buy S2Member but nee to know if it is possible to setup S2Member on more than 1 website. If I have already used IPN url and auto return url of the 1st website in Paypal then how will I be able to use it for another site.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:27 am #23711
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Manish,

Not sure about the PayPal side of it, but if you have the correct s2Member license (i.e. Unlimited site license) then you can install s2Member in different websites, as long as they belong to you.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:17 pm #23757

Hi Eduan .. thanks for the reply but my question is not about if I am allowed to install S2Member on various websites or not, its about how. Since each installation would require an IPN URL and auto return URL to be inserted in Paypal settings and Paypal only has option to put 1 input box. So you can’t put multiple IPN URLs an autoreturn URLs. That would limit the use of S2Member to one website.

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 4:28 pm #23868

i think he is asking if he can have 1 site with multiple buttons paying to different paypal accounts – i have asked this before of many plugins – no one except gravity forms seems to do this – gravity forms is not a membership plugin, it is a forms plugin but unlike formidable forms it cannot easily pull info out of previously filled out forms without custom coding right now – so that puts formidable ahead of gravity for me….

from paypal i believe you can generate your own custom codes for button by mixing the paypal butoon generators options with s2members paypale generators option…..but you neew to configure eithe rpaypal or s2 specificially so one overrides theother, and their is instruction somehwere about that with many other plugins – that if you fill out one or leave one blank the other overrides…..

IPN listenere to confirm payment went through before filling out form would be ideal…..i dont ever want a member to register and not have paid and have to follow up…..

so i have not figured it out or not tried it because i am a newbie – i just read a lot about this to understnd that it may be possible – – – need someone close to the s2member workings and config to chime in

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:13 am #23891

Jason thats not what I want.
I have 1 paypal account and 5 different wordpress based websites.
Now I want to use S2Member on each of them.
While setup S2Member requires to put an IPN URL and autoreturn URL in Paypal settings page.
However, in Paypal there is an option of inserting just 1 IPN and 1 Autoreturn URL.
Now, if I have to setup 5 websites with S2Member, I would need to put 5 IPN URLs and 5 autoreturn URLs in Paypal. Which is not possible n Paypal.

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 1:10 am #23895

Well I believe it is something that I would like. I have one website with five events that need to be paid to five different PayPal accounts and I would like someone to explain this to me

In your case I am not sure of it, but I believe that the one entry you put in PayPal will be overridden by the plug-in anyway it might be something worth testing using a one cent purchase

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Jason eH.
Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:44 am #23916

Hi Manish.

I understand your question, and it’s not a problem. s2Member sets the IPN and return URLs on each transaction, the one entered in the PayPal settings is a default one overridden by the one set on the transaction (except the IPN one with PayPal Pro). For more info read these:

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -> more info[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT / Auto-Return -> more info[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 1:39 pm #23955

Thanks Cristian … I will check it out and get back.

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 9:34 pm #23975

Cristian:
so Paypal pro does not allow you to set the IPN and return urls individually on each transaction? but onepaypal does? please explain…

1. how do i set up per transaction paypal settings….to go to different accounts and still have s2 notified of transaction results. i.e. do i set all the paypal account settings in s2member and then generate a button and save it, and then change the paypal stetings and the re generate another button….(elaborate on my guess please)

thanks

Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 5:46 am #24013

That info says that the IPN URL is not set on a transaction basis for PayPal Pro, but seems to do it with Standard and Express Checkout.

Each installation of s2Member has its own return URL, which is the one set when the transaction happens. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT / Auto-Return[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 10:53 am #24035

promising – so you can have ipn on a per transaction basis set to different accounts – sorry for asking again was this how you do it

i.e. do i set all the paypal account settings in s2member and then generate a button and save it, and then change the paypal stetings and the re generate another button….(elaborate on my guess please)

thanks

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 6:00 am #24142

so you can have ipn on a per transaction basis set to different accounts

Yes. Each s2Member installation will have its own PayPal account details fields, where you can enter the same or different accounts. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 4:28 am #24269

Cristian I read in some thread

For subscriptions, s2Member does not store the EOT; it waits until it receives an IPN message from the payment gateway indicating an EOT should be assigned to the member.

So, if we do not supply IPN URL in paypal settings in our paypal account you would not get EOT message then how would the termination of non renewing members work ?

Also,

The major release that Jason is coding now, will allow for this feature you’re requesting. We wanted to have it ready a couple weeks ago, but it’s been a lot of work and it’s still got some weeks to go, I’m sorry to say. But it’s coming, that’s for sure, so look forward to it. :)

and

I understand you’d want to know. I’m not going to be optimistic, so I’ll say we may have a beta in a month and a release in two. It’s really very uncertain, but I don’t want to give hope again for a date that is not the right one in the end. :/

Any update on this new release that solves EOT problem.

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 8:35 am #24633

any help on this please.

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 6:51 am #24721

So, if we do not supply IPN URL in paypal settings in our paypal account you would not get EOT message then how would the termination of non renewing members work ?

It wouldn’t work. You need to supply the subscription with the s2Member IPN URL for the EOT to work properly.

Any update on this new release that solves EOT problem.

No updates yet, sorry. We’ll announce it when we know. :)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.