latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member – Aweber Silent Transition

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member – Aweber Silent Transition

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:23 am #20404
Robert Funge
Username: godrob

I know you guys have said before that in the next big release of S2Member you will have better support for Aweber, but I was wondering when this will be. From memory, I seem to recall that this was going to be addressed in March…

Anyway, my biggest gripe is that Aweber ALWAYS sends a confirmation email out when a member is automatically transitioned from one list to another.

So I guess my question is. Will S2Member EVER be able to do this silently, without the confirmation email being sent, and if so, when will be it available?

Many thanks
Rob.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:34 am #20485
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Rob,

The next major release of s2Member will use the AWeber API, instead of the older email-based subscription method. I do believe AWeber’s new API allows for silent transitions, but I’ll need to double-check with Jason (the lead developer) to be sure.

Jason has been hard at work on the next major release and I believe we’ll have a beta coming out soon. I don’t any information a release date, but we’ll make an announcement as soon as possible.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 2:43 am #20732
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Rob,

Just a quick update: I heard back from Jason and he confirmed that silent transitions with AWeber will be possible in the major release. However, AWeber does not make it possible to provide completely silent subscriptions (unlike MailChimp); only silent transitions are possible.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.