latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Member but remain an author or editor

Home Forums Community Forum s2Member but remain an author or editor

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 8:51 am #17536

|
Administrator (1) |
Editor (2) |
Author (32) |
Contributor (8) |
Subscriber (314) |
Member (1) |
Blocked (1) |
s2Member Level 1 (1)

I already have 300+ members on my site plus a large group of people who contribute articles. I will be giving access to the Editors, Authors and Contributors free of charge and making the Subscribers pay to see full content.
When I tried to alter the access level of the Authors, turning them into s2members level 1 they lost their Authors access rights and were unable to post articles … how do I keep both their access rights ?

ciao
keane
http://www.giornaledibarganews.com

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:56 am #17629
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Keane,

The s2Member Levels are based upon the WordPress Subscriber role capabilities, so none of the s2Member levels will have Editor, Author, Contributor, or Administrator capabilities. s2Member was not designed to give users access to administrative features — only viewing content.

If you want to override this, you may be able to use a 3rd party Role Editor plugin to manually modify the s2Member Level capabilities, giving the necessary access to each s2Member level.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.