latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Eligibility

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Eligibility

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 11:47 pm #23987

Hi,

I hope I’ve hit the right area of the forum, I’m looking for confirmation that S2member is the right product for my company, the free plug-in appears to be more suitable to us than the Pro version.

Our company is in the very early stages of proceeding with a Sports Statistics Analysis service to customers that are affiliated with a specific sport. Our website would offer 3 types of memberships, Basic, Standard & Premium. Our customers would use PayPal or any other payment service to pay a monthly, bi-annual or annual subscription to gain access to their designated member area.

At the same time we would also be offering 3 different types of iPad & iPhone applications (Predominantly iPad) that are free to download but in order for the customer to use the app they would need to log in with their member ID which would have been created as part of the subscription setup on our page.

This app would collate different statistics for a game and at the end the customer would be able to save the data and have it available for download from their exclusive member section.

My questions are:

Can S2Member do what I want in terms of tying in with an iPad app to allow authentication from our site and then save the statistical data collection to the customer’s exclusive area of our site?

Does S2Member allow individual member area/pages for each customer?

We are currently in talks with an iPad app developer who can handle any of the development specifics but we just need to know if S2Member is the right product for us.

It appears that it ticks all of our other boxes but it’s important that it can integrate with the iPad app component as this is the core of our business.

Thanks guys.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 12:34 am #24002
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jamie,

s2Member is a WordPress plugin and everything is accessed through a web browser, including authentication. If your iPad app can access the content on your site through HTTP/HTTPS, and authenticate that way as well, then you should have no problem using it with an iPad app.

s2Member restricts access to WordPress posts/pages (and optionally downloadable files). Authentication uses the WordPress user authentication system.

With regards to setting up a protected page per client, please see Video » s2Member (Client Portals?).

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.