latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Email notifications

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Email notifications

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 1:14 pm #11273

Since I purchased the Pro version of S2Member, I failed to get any emails from you. I never got an order acknowledgement, nor a receipt for the payment, nor do I get any emails about the forums that I follow. Lately, I managed to forget my password (after changing it) and selected “Forgot Password?” on your site stating that I will receive an email with the password reset info. No email came. I was in the pickle. How can I get to my account?

To my biggest disappointment, I could not find any Contact info on your site. Meaning: here I am, paid customer who cannot communicate with you. I had to send a fax, which generated Elizabeth to write me an email directly – which I received. That tells me that there is nothing wrong with my own email server.

What is the issue here? Why dont’ I get any emails from you? Are you aware of this issue? I read that another person has similar issues but her problem was not really resolved.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 1:33 pm #11277
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kinga, thanks for your inquiry.

Is your problem solved now? You should only be able to post in the customer support forums if you have access to an s2Member pro account…

Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 4:46 pm #11288

As I mentioned, after faxing my issue, I got an email from Elizabeth with the new pasword that I could use. But I still get no emails from you. So the issue is still there.

Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 5:31 pm #11290
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

I understand the problem now. I missed that part.

You might want to try the following steps for that:
1. Check your spam folder.
2. Add s2member@websharks-inc.com to your address book and/or whitelist.
2. Change email addresses.
3. Try NOT to use any free email services like @yahoo.com or @hotmail.com, these services are known to block emails in mass. It’s better to use your own domain name and a private email server; or a mail server that is not subjected to bulk filtering at the MX level. For instance, GMail is known to perform well, while Yahoo/Hotmail are known to block email at the MX/SMTP level, preventing it from ever reaching the recipient (spam folder or otherwise). Yahoo/Hotmail will block just about any email that comes from someone NOT sending you a personal message. They’re VERY particular about things, and it’s for this reason that many companies do not even accept these @yahoo/hotmail addresses any longer. Better to stay away from these if you’re having problems.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.