latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member for membership directory

Home Forums Community Forum s2member for membership directory

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Marcos Figueroa 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:55 pm #17565

I have a few questions about s2member that hopefully someone can answer:

We are creating a website for a chamber of commerce and they have 4 membership levels based on the number of employees, also they want to add small additional fees or options that the user can choose to have included or refuse upon registration, for example:

– Website link fee (25.00) – user would select yes or no
– Scholarship fund (donation): 25, 50, 100, or user-inputted amount

Is this possible via PayPal with the free or paid plugin? Will it tally up the total?

Can I create pages / posts and allow users to edit them?

Is it possible to create a user-profile post/page for each member based on the registration form?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:38 am #17638
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Andrew,

Please see my replies below:

Is this possible via PayPal with the free or paid plugin? Will it tally up the total?

s2Member won’t tally up the total on it’s own, no. You’d need to write a bit of code that calculates the total and then passes that onto s2Member. s2Member was not designed with shopping cart features in mind, however we’re working to improve its use in that regard with the next major release of the plugin.

Can I create pages / posts and allow users to edit them?

Currently, s2Member only provides viewing capabilities, as all s2Member roles are based upon the WordPress Subscriber role. You can manually change this using a 3rd party Role Editor plugin if necessary, but s2Member was not designed for that role.

Is it possible to create a user-profile post/page for each member based on the registration form?

Yes, to a degree. Please see Video » s2Member (Client Portals?) for more ideas about how this might work.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 12:25 pm #17662

Thank you for your detailed reply!

I am looking forward to the next major release.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 2:07 am #18129

Raam,

I’m curious, is there an expected time for the next major release?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:40 am #18179
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Marcos,

We don’t currently have a release date, but we’ll hopefully be doing beta testing within the next few weeks. We’ll make an official announcement as soon as possible.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 2:01 pm #18210

Cool, Thanks Raam!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.