latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2member free with WP client

Home Forums Community Forum S2member free with WP client

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 10:59 am #21872
Dean Coak
Username: deano123

I have a little problem that I’d like some help with please if possible.

We use S2member to naturally control access to various content.

We use WP client for our clients to be able to have their own ‘page’ and a place to upload content, a place for us to place content specifically for them etc.

The problem we have is that when someone register’s on the site, they get access to a ‘my hub’ link at the top of the page. We only want our clients (WPclient) to have access to this and we can’t seem to remove it from the ‘normal’ subscriber role (s2member). We only want it enabled for a ‘WP-Client’ role.

We have download a plugin to enable ‘capabilities’ but this doesn’t solve the problem. It did solve one but not the one here.

Do we need the Pro version of S2member?

Regards

Dean

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 8:00 am #21964
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Dean,

I’m not sure how this is an s2Member thing. It sounds like you need to modify your theme header file and modify the code that generates the nav menu.

If you only want s2Member users to see that link after they login, you can use the s2Member Advanced PHP Conditionals (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals) in your theme’s header.php file to check if the user viewing the site has access to an s2Member Level (e.g., checking if a user can access s2Member Level 0 will pass for anyone that has an s2Member level).

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.