latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member logs and disk space

Home Forums Community Forum s2member logs and disk space

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Lesley Austin 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 7th, 2013 at 9:48 am #55353
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

Hello,
I’ve received word from my webhost that my s2member logs in the public_html file are taking up a huge amount of my disk space.

Does anyone know what these are exactly and what I can do with them to free up some space? I put this question to the community forum last year, and never received an answer….had to pay for more space. I would rather not do that this time. I am at 99.97% capacity, so this is rather urgent.

With thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 7th, 2013 at 7:27 pm #55376
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Does anyone know what these are exactly and what I can do with them to free up some space?

If you’re not having any problems with your IPN/PDT responses failing, you can (and should) turn off logging. Logging is meant only for debugging these responses. So you will want to first turn off logging:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

And then you can delete all of these log files that s2Member Generated via FTP.

Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 4:00 pm #55588
Lesley Austin

Thanks! It turns out that it is not the Log Files, but something else. This is what my webhost emailed:

“The majority of the logs are labeled paypal-api-ARCHIVED followed by a date. You have a ton of those dated back to 2012 and they’re all several megabytes. There were also some logs in there labeled debug so I removed those, but you should ask it it’s necessary to keep all the paypal ones. The logs are generated in the s2member-logs folder inside your plugins directory.”

Any advice about these? Do any of you have a system for deleting these, if you are able to delete them?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 4:48 am #55634
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Any advice about these? Do any of you have a system for deleting these, if you are able to delete them?

No we don’t have any system for deleting this log files, because they may be useful if you end up having issues. If you’re not having any problems on your installation, I would recommend turning off logging. The logs that you mentioned that are archived are also s2Member files.

At this point if your site is running smoothly, I would delete all of your log files via FTP, and turn off s2Member’s logging.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 8:28 am #55666
Lesley Austin

Good to know…thanks so much.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.