latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member MailChimp Api Failing

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member MailChimp Api Failing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 2:58 pm #25061
Nick
Username: brodie001

Hello,

I’ve configured the Mailchimp API and List IDs in s2Member (double and triple checked them for accuracy) and when I log into MailChimp to check the success every registration results in a API Failure. They don’t give specific reasons why the API call failed – jus that it failed (very useful).

Is there any way to see the API error returned during a MailChimp API call from S2Member? Or is there something else I am missing?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 1:36 am #25118
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Nick,

If you enable logging (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging), and then test again, you should find logs for MailChimp in wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/.

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 11:40 am #25192
Nick
Username: brodie001

Thanks! I suggest adding a Log All Errors toggle somewhere more obvious – like general options or a developer options panel.

Here is the error listed in the log:

‘errorMessage’ => ‘POSTALCODE must be provided – Please enter a value’,

Turns out the client MailChimp list required a zip code. I removed the requirement and everything worked great.

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 11:40 pm #25237
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thanks for the update, Nick! Glad to hear you solved it. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.