latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Network Support License Database

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Network Support License Database

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:39 pm #15947
Gary Louie
Username: dagazaman

If I were to implement the S2Member with Network Support License, how many instances of databases would exists?

In terms of scalability, what is the largest Blog Farm S2Member is aware of which uses your Network Support License?

For argument sake, if my Blog Farm is comprised of fifty (50) blogs, with permutations of Child Blogs (20) and Multisite with multiple distinct domains (30), how many instances of databases would exists?

If it is greater than one, how does member account / data replication work?

In a larger network environment, availability and integrity of data are important issues. Are there mechanisms to support multiple instances of databases which would allow a degree of resilency (i.e. cluster and/or failover) capabilities?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 9:48 pm #16016
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Gary,

s2Member is a WordPress plugin and does not currently create its own database or tables. It works alongside WordPress. So, your question is really one about WordPress itself and not the s2Member plugin.

The s2Member Multisite feature allows you to offer the s2Member plugin to sub-sites, giving your sub-sites the ability to setup and use s2Member on their own. When you upgrade s2Member on the primary site, the s2Member plugin is automatically updated for all your sub-sites.

s2Member scalability is directly related to the scalability of WordPress itself and the resources necessary will depend on the number of WordPress blogs you’re running. We have customers using s2Member with thousands of users and hundreds of sub-blogs.

For specific questions about multi-site databases with WordPress, I recommend posting a question on the WordPress.org Support Forums.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.