latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member not working with theme (fatal error)

Home Forums Community Forum s2member not working with theme (fatal error)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  DrByte 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 1:13 am #16821

Hey guys

I want to buy s2member pro so I decided to try the free version first but on my theme it keeps giving me fatal error when I activate it.

I have tried it on other themes and it works fine but not on this specific theme.

Here is one of the errors – Fatal error: Class ‘CustomAdminSubPage’ not found in /home/autumn/public_html/wp-content/themes/e101/functions/admin_options/AdminPageFactory.php on line 11

If I comment out this line (for testing purposes), another similar error will display relating to another class further down the page.

I have messaged the theme creator and just waiting to see if he can help. I’m wondering has anyone else had this issue before?

I actually went looking for other member plugins because I couldn’t fix this issue at first, I even bought some member plugins too, and I was very surprised to see none of them even came close to what s2member plugin offers (even the free version!)

If anyone has any ideas on this i’d be grateful. I can provide more info such as URL, theme name, etc. if you want

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 7:30 pm #17046
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Brian,

Does this also happen with a different theme? Does this also happen with the default WordPress theme (TwentyEleven)?

If it doesn’t, then it means this is an incompatibility issue with your theme, most probably because your theme is not loading files in the correct way or something along those lines.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:26 am #17379

Hey Eduan, thanks for your reply!

I spoke to the theme developer and he said the following:

“The problem is in your hosting provider, please ask them to activate proper php path’s reading on the server, then all would be fine.”

I’m not sure what this means. I spoke to my web host and they didn’t understand it either?

Does anyone here understand what the theme dev means?

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 4:53 pm #17410
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Not sure what it means either.

Although if other themes/plugins don’t have that problem, then that’s not the problem, it’s the theme’s problem.

I suggest you find another theme that you like, make sure it works first though.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 7:37 pm #17429
DrByte
Username: DrByte

Searching your issue, they suggest deactivating your plugins one by one and see if the error goes away. If not then check if your theme is compatible with the new version of WP.

Sam

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.