latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member Pricing Table Integration

Home Forums Community Forum s2member Pricing Table Integration

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Matthew Bailey 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 27th, 2012 at 9:30 am #29921
craig Ackroyd
Username: Slyd3r

Hi,

My wordpress theme has a built in pricing table that requires an actual url for the signup button, meaning I cannot use the shortcode that s2member generates.

I followed the advice on the exact same problem here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-buttons/ – however, changing the shortcode to display the URL gives me my IP address and invoice numbers rather than a generic URL that everyone can use for the signup.

Here is what I mean:

My signup page – http://decisivebetting.com/membership/
My test page (with the output=”url” option in the shortcode) – http://decisivebetting.com/blahhtest/

The shortcode s2member generates:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Monthly Subscription / £10 Recurring" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="decisivebetting.com" ta="10" tp="1" tt="M" ra="10" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="url" /]

The form code s2member uses:

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

<!-- Instant Payment Notification &amp; Return Page Details -->

<!-- Configures Basic Checkout Fields -->

<!-- Configures s2Member's Unique Invoice ID/Code  -->
 &lt;input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;invoice&quot; value=&quot;" /&gt;
 <!-- Identifies/Updates An Existing User/Member ( when/if applicable )  -->
 &lt;input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;on0&quot; value=&quot;" /&gt;
 &lt;input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;os0&quot; value=&quot;" /&gt;
 <!-- Identifies The Customer's IP Address For Tracking -->
 &lt;input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;on1&quot; value=&quot;" /&gt;
 &lt;input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;os1&quot; value=&quot;" /&gt;
 <!-- Controls Modify Behavior At PayPal® Checkout -->

<!-- Customizes Prices, Payments &amp; Billing Cycle -->
 &lt;!----&gt;

<!-- Displays The PayPal® Image Button -->

</form>

Part of my themes pricing table shortcode:

[pricing_table column_count="3" type="simple"]

[pricing_column title="Monthly" price="£10" period="/month" description="Great Value" sign_up_title="Sign Up" sign_up_url="#"]

Football Tips
Horse Racing
Major Events Tips
Best Odds Available
Daily Updates
Customer Support
Consistent Profit
[/pricing_column]

To clarify, what I want to be able to do is use the built in pricing tables of my theme (smartstart WP from themeforest) so the signup buttons work with s2member, but to do this, I need an actual URL rather than shortcode.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 11:56 am #30024

Hi Craig,

why not choose a simple way.

You simple add three new pages.

decisivebetting.com/membership/Monthly

decisivebetting.com/membership/Quarterly

decisivebetting.com/membership/Yearly

On this pages use the s2 generated paypal forms

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Monthly Subscription / £10 Recurring" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="decisivebetting.com" ta="10" tp="1" tt="M" ra="10" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="url" /]

Then insert into your pricing table buttons the following urls.

http://decisivebetting.com/membership/Monthly

http://decisivebetting.com/membership/Quarterly

http://decisivebetting.com/membership/Yearly

This could be the easy way.

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 12:14 pm #30027
craig Ackroyd
Username: Slyd3r

Unfortunately, while that would work It’s not really what I wanted to do. That solution would just mean I’d end up with them clicking “sign up” and then going to another page to click the paypal button.

I just want there to be a seamless transition from clicking sign up, to the paypal payment form. I’ve found several instances of this question being asked before, but none really receive any sort of answer to it beyond what I’ve already tried to implement.

My only real option that I can think of if there is no answer my problem is to bodge the pricing tables by removing the signup button and trying to align the s2member shortcode before the right table with my pricing table signup buttons as the image, rather than the s2member default.

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 1:33 pm #30037

The s2pro version of the plugin has a really nice form for that.

The customer can fill out the form direct on your page.

Have a look at the s2pro site and expand this PayPal® Pro Form Integration (Most Popular)

Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 1:50 pm #31591
Frank
Username: azzurrimg

I’m having the same issue here, and agree with Craig that it’s not ideal (for conversion rates and convenience to the user mainly) to send the user to another page just to click a pay button there.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 1:52 pm #31592
Frank

Christian, I have s2member pro, but I’m not sure how the pro forms would help in this specific situation. Could you explain a little further? Thanks!!

Edit: I understand that it could help if you went the PayPal Pro route (because you could just use your own normal button to link to your pro form checkout page), but I don’t understand how it could help if you try to go the PayPal Standard button checkout route.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Frank.
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 5:27 pm #31619

Hi Frank,

i’ll will try to explain what i mean.

With the s2member pro form you can simple made an in page order form. The visitor wouldn’t leave your page.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form... ]
s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$24.95 USD / Quarterly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="localhost" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="24.95" rp="3" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /

Let say you have a page with pricing tables (the membership options page).

Page name -> yoururl.tld/myoffers/

on that page there is a pricing table with three membership options and a short info what they get.

option table ->

offer/length monthly quarterly yearly
free item 5 20 70
great article include included included
ans so on
price info $14.95
(order buttom)
with link to monthly page
$39.95
(oder buttom)
with link to quarterly page
$69
(order buttom)
with link to yearly page

Page name -> yoururl.tld/myoffers/monthly

on that page just paste the s2 pro form snippet for monthly membership and ready.

s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$24.95 USD / Quarterly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="localhost" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="24.95" rp="3" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /

Page name -> yoururl.tld/myoffers/quarterly

on that page just paste the s2 pro form snippet for quarterly membership and ready.

Page name -> yoururl.tld/myoffers/yearly

on that page just paste the s2 pro form snippet for yearly membership and ready.

If you have more options you can expand this of course.

i hope it has become a bit clearer.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 10:35 pm #31656
Frank

Hi Christian,

If I understand you correctly, that’s pretty much what I initially set out to do. I think that only works with PayPal Pro though. I’m assuming the OP wants a solution that uses PayPal Standard.

The reason I started looking into the PayPal buttons via PayPal Standard instead of the Pro Forms route was because I found out that I would have to handle PCI compliance on my site (about $500 per year) if I went the PayPal Pro + Pro Forms route.

Thanks for the ideas!

Frank

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 7:11 am #31669

Hi Frank,

correct me if I’m wrong. PCI is only for Credit Card processing.

This works on all PayPal accounts as listed below.

On the PayPal page compare-business-products are these informations.

Snippet from the PayPal page -> taken on 15.nov.2012

PayPal Payments Solutions Comparison Chart Sales: 1-800-514-4923 Choose the solution that fits your business.

(You can always change your solution after sign-up.)

PayPal Payments Features Standard Get Started Advanced Apply Now Pro Apply Now
Monthly fee $0 $5 $30
Accept credit cards Accept (your buyers don’t need a PayPal account) Yes Yes Yes
Accept PayPal payments Give buyers the ease and security of paying you directly from their PayPal account. (100M online shoppers use PayPal) Yes Yes Yes
Send invoicesSend an invoice in minutes, then quickly update the details for your next customer. They get your invoice in their inbox and click the payment button to pay you. online for fast payment Yes Yes Yes
Free card swiper Accept card payments in person with our new mobile plug-in card reader. for your iPhone, iPad, or Android device Yes Yes Yes
Accept checksNow you can deposit your customers’ checks the moment you receive them. Just snap a picture of the check and transfer it into your account with your PayPal Mobile App. with the camera on your mobile device Yes Yes Yes
Get paid on eBay and Etsy Yes Yes Yes
Get a PayPal Debit Card and earn up to 1% cash back* Yes Yes Yes
Comprehensive PayPal data security and fraud protection Yes Yes Yes
Accept payments in 24 currencies from 190 countries Yes Yes Yes
Simplified PCI compliance (helps protect buyers’ card information) Yes Yes Yes**
No long-term contracts, setup, withdrawal, or cancellation fees Yes Yes Yes
Nonprofit discount available for PayPal transactions Yes Yes Yes
Toll-free phone support (including after-hours) Yes Yes Yes
Offer customers special financing Yes Yes Yes
Provide Bill Me Later as a payment option on your checkout page NA Yes Yes***
Customers pay without ever leaving your website NA Yes Yes
Accept credit cards via phone, fax, and mail (Virtual TerminalWith Virtual Terminal, simply log in to your PayPal account and process phone, fax, and mail orders online.) NA NA Yes
Design and host your own checkout pages for full control NA NA Yes
More info: Merchant fees | See all merchant services Get Started Learn more Apply Now Learn more Apply Now Learn more

Accept Give buyers the ease and security of paying you directly from their PayPal account. Accept card payments in person with our new mobile plug-in card reader. Send an invoice in minutes, then quickly update the details for your next customer. They get your invoice in their inbox and click the payment button to pay you. Now you can deposit your customers’ checks the moment you receive them. Just snap a picture of the check and transfer it into your account with your PayPal Mobile App. With Virtual Terminal, simply log in to your PayPal account and process phone, fax, and mail orders online.

* You can apply for the PayPal Debit Card MasterCard Business Card after your PayPal account has been in good standing for 60 days.

** Configurable

*** Requires use of the hosted templates in PayPal Payments Pro

Snippet from the PayPal page -> end

You can also try to adjust your s2member-pro-form accept command.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form ... accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" ...]

change into only paypal

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form ... accept="paypal" ...]

Then you will accept only paypal payment and no creditcards.

maybe it was helpful :-)

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 9:49 pm #31744
Frank

Christian,

It’s for any payment processing where financial details pass through your servers. If you use PayPal Pro + Pro Forms, if I’m not mistaken, credit card details make their way through your site’s servers on their way to PayPal’s for processing.

But regardless, I just checked the Pro Forms section of s2member and noticed that Pro Forms can be integrated with PayPal express checkout.

And you’re exactly right there with that last tip. Thanks for pointing that out! I’m going to try this, as it might be a good interim solution!

Thanks,
Frank

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 10:17 pm #31745
Frank

So, it “works” but it’s going to be super confusing to users. The pro form loads, says “we accept paypal” above the payment options, and everything (visa, mc, etc.) is grayed out except for paypal. In other words, it will make people think they need a paypal account to checkout. When in reality, they can enter their cc on the next page via paypal.

Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 8:39 pm #46870

I am really looking for a solution to this as well. It’s very annoying.

I am also trying to use a table for my membership options

But I can’t use the S2Member button generator for the code… I just need the URL

Is this possible?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.