latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member pro – membership account questions

Home Forums Community Forum s2member pro – membership account questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 9:37 am #32094

Hello,

I was testing the framework version of s2member, and since i need more options I searched in the FAQs some answers but I couldn’t find some. So here I am ;)

I was thinking to upgrade to s2pro, but I have some questions in order to upgrade.

question 1

I am developing a website with different subscriptions:

– a free registration subscription (which should be activated even when the user buys a paid subscription)
– a regular paid subscription (which can be monthly, for 3 months, for 6 months or annual)
– a paid subscription for a specific part #1 (which can be monthly, for 6 months or annual)
– a paid subscription for a specific part #2 (which can be monthly, for 6 months or annual)
– a paid subscription for a specific part #3 (which can be monthly, for 6 months or annual)
– a paid subscription for a specific part #4 (which can be monthly, for 6 months or annual)
– a paid subscription for a specific part #5 (which can be monthly, for 6 months or annual)

so, it’s 6 levels for 3 or 4 “sub levels”.

I haven’t found any “time limit” in the s2 framework for subscription.

In addition to that, I need the users to be able to upgrade from the regular monthly, to the 3months one (for example), or buy another subscription maintaining the old one.

is this possible in s2 pro?

question 2

Is it possible to make the customer pay with a bank transfer, and make his approvation pendant until the transfer arrives?

Thanks

Simone

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Simone Dosoli.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 4:40 pm #32142
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Simone,

s2Member can certainly handle these scenarios. All of the various membership durations can be found in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons for the Framework and additionally in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms if you have s2Member Pro.

With s2Member Framework, you are limited to 4 membership levels + free level. If you need 6 levels of membership, you’ll need to upgrade to s2Member Pro, which allows you to add an unlimited number of membership levels.

Upgrades or downgrades from one level to another, including changes to subscription rate and amount, is handled with Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification Buttons in s2Member Framework and additionally with Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms in s2Member Pro.

With regards to bank transfers: You would need to handle the bank transfer outside s2Member and then manually “approve” the users’ account when you’ve confirmed the transfer. Approving an account would simply involve changing the users’ role from Level 0 (Free Subscriber) to the correct paid membership level. With s2Member Pro, you can create a page specifically for people wanting to pay via bank transfer and on that page show them a Free Registration Form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms) along with instructions for submitting the bank transfer.

To differentiate regular Free Subscribers from Free Subscribers who paid via Bank Transfer, you could create a Custom Registration Field (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields) that asks the user to include the bank transfer receipt number so that you can use that to match their account to the actual bank transfer when you go to confirm it.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.