latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member profile fields with buddypress (2)

Home Forums Community Forum s2member profile fields with buddypress (2)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Marco Verhagen 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 4:17 am #55392

Hi,

I refer to the post below. Unfortunately I was not able to react due a holliday.

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/s2members-profile-fields-with-buddypress/?qcAC=1#post-53961

This was your answer:

I’m taking a look at your site’s Registration Page at /register/, and your Dashboard’s settings for s2Member’s Custom Fields, and it looks to me like it’s working. Am I missing something?

The problem in this situation is that the custom fields and also the fields like user name are not shown up on the buddypress profile page, however all three boxes (integration with buddypress) are marked. So it seems like that the “communication” between s2member and buddypress is not oke. I’am using the latest versions of buddypress and s2 member. WordPress version is 3.5.2

I hope that you have a solution.

Regards,
Marco

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 9:21 pm #55504
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

When you install BuddyPress, your default registration page at /wp-login.php?action=register is overridden and instead the BuddyPress registration page at /register/ is used. I checked your installation, and I just checked again and your Custom Registration/Profile Fields are showing up in this form. So s2Member’s integration with BuddyPress is working.

I would recommend switching to the default BuddyPress them temporarily, and see if the profile page will show the profile information that way. Perhaps your theme’s developer forgot the hook that s2Member uses for editing profile fields.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 2:49 am #55732

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, switching to the BP default theme is not the solution for my problem. Actually today I followed the instructions in the video from Jason regarding s2member integration with Buddypress but still no profile fields are shown up on the profile pages. Maybe he can have a look at it?

Regards,
Marco

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 3:55 am #55740

I can also confirm this works as expected (and as shown in Jason’s video). The only thing is, you must have the BuddyPress integration checked off in this section of your Dashboard. Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

See also: Knowledge Base » BuddyPress™ + s2Member® Pro (Video)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 5:04 am #55744

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately still not working…

These are my s2member settings:

Integrate Custom Registration/Profile Fields with BuddyPress?
Yes, integrate with BuddyPress Public Profiles. (box = checked)
Yes, integrate with BuddyPress Registration Form. (box = unchecked)
Yes, integrate with BuddyPress Profile Editing Panel. (box = checked)

I use a s2member pro form to register.

I took a look at the existing members and I also created a new member with the s2member pro form. Still no profile fields are shown up on the members page.

Do you have other suggestions?

Marco

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 5:35 am #55748

I would check the configuration of these Registration/Profile fields in s2Member® and be sure that you have this option is configured to something that applies at the appropriate Membership Level, and also at the appropriate visibility setting.

Also, in BuddyPress (under Users -› Profile Fields), be sure that you have a Base Group that s2Member® can integrate with. Normally there is a Base Profile Fields group which should contain just the Name field in BuddyPress. You’ll want to leave that Base Group, so that s2Member® can integrate everything into that default “Base”.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:08 am #56352

Thanks for your help! I checked all the profile fields at s2member and buddypress and I realised that I deleted all profile fields at buddypress. So this caused the problem.

I manually added a field at buddypress but now the profile fields only show up on the edit page and still not on the view page.

I contacted buddypress for a solution but still no answer. Maybe you know how to repair this?

Thanks again!

Marco

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.