latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

[s2Member-Profile /] formatting…

Home Forums Community Forum [s2Member-Profile /] formatting…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Chris W 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 24th, 2012 at 7:17 pm #23005
Joe Palmer
Username: coachjoe

I have inserted the shortcode: [s2Member-Profile /] and when it appears on the Edit Member Profile page, the “titles” (i.e. Name, E-mail, etc.) are not visible, or barely and there seems to be a font/color issue, yet I cannot edit this page…or is it something with WordPress? Thanks!!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 24th, 2012 at 8:17 pm #23013
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Joe,

Could you please try again with the default WordPress theme (TwentyEleven), also, the edit member profile page, if it’s in the admin side of WordPress (in other words, if you can see the toolbar in the left) then it’s not actually using the s2Member profile shortcode.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 2:39 pm #23064
Joe Palmer

Eduan:

I am hesitant to change the theme…I currently am using the Weaver II theme…the shortcode was copied and pasted into the “Member’s Area” page and everything looks fine on the WP side…my “Login” screen doesn’t have this issue, only the screen that appears in relation to “Profile Edit.” Thanks again!

Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 3:34 pm #23080
Eduan

Hello Joe,

If you’re hesitant to change the theme, then what you can do is try it on a clean install, so that only s2Member is installed and the default theme, this would of course be a different installation than the current one.

Also, if you could provide URLs to what each page represents, that would be very helpful, you can use example.com if you’re not comfortable with giving out your website’s URL.

Also, could you please take a screenshot of how the problem looks? So that we can have a clearer idea of the problem. Thanks.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 1:06 pm #23120
Joe Palmer

Eduan:

Hmmm…I’m obviously new and a bit inexperienced at this…”clean install” doesn’t make much sense to me…

I could provide the URL for the page where the problem exists: http://example.com/members/ – not sure why I would want to “hide” what I’m up to…are there that many hacks out there and am I susceptible to them?

I created a really nice screenshot to attach here, yet I am having difficulty discovering how to paste it on this forum…ugh!

Thanks again, you have been very helpful and responsive. I know I’ll get this and I look forward to using s2Member going forward…just gotta work out some of these minor issues to confirm that upgrading is worthwhile…

Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 7:54 pm #23130
Eduan

Hmmm…I’m obviously new and a bit inexperienced at this…”clean install” doesn’t make much sense to me…

Sorry for not being clear, when we say clean install we mean a newly installed WordPress, only WordPress and s2Member, that way we can rule out if it’s a plugin or the theme causing the problem.

I could provide the URL for the page where the problem exists: http://example.com/members/ – not sure why I would want to “hide” what I’m up to…are there that many hacks out there and am I susceptible to them?

Oh no, there’s no real danger, it’s just that some people prefer to not show their URL, for whatever reason, that’s up the person.

I created a really nice screenshot to attach here, yet I am having difficulty discovering how to paste it on this forum…ugh!

I know exactly what you mean! You will have to upload it to an external place, currently this forum system doesn’t allow uploads, so you’ll have to upload it to your server or something and put an image using the resulting link.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 1:49 am #23374
Chris W
Username: Chrisw83

Upload the screenshot to imgur.com
It sounds like a css issue between the form and your theme.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.