latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

[s2Member-Profile /] won't validate password

Home Forums Community Forum [s2Member-Profile /] won't validate password

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 12:26 pm #54165
olly connelly
Username: guv

So I created a Profile page (2012 theme, new multisite install, other plugins disabled!) …

The [s2Member-Profile /] form refuses to validate a password change. For example, I can type the password just once and it is accepted. Also, WP’s “password strength indicator” title is there but the actual password strength indicator is missing … so I am guessing there is a compatibility issue.

… ?

On the other hand, if I use the iframe or modal options then all works as expected.

Am implementing the iframe for now but if you fine chaps can help me with the shortcode I’d be grateful to be using this performance-savvy option.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 2:13 pm #54167
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Olly,

So if I understood correctly. If you use the iFrame version everything works correctly, if you don’t the password strength doesn’t work and the password can’t be changed?

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 11:08 am #54229

On the other hand, if I use the iframe or modal options then all works as expected.

This would indicate to me there is another underlying JavaScript error on your site somewhere which is preventing other JavaScript routines powered by s2Member from succeeding. If you run s2Member solo (e.g. in the stand-alone IFRAME version or pop-out, it works). Please post a link to the page if the problem continues and perhaps someone can take a quick look for you.

Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 9:01 am #54294
olly connelly
Username: guv

Eduan, that is precisely the deal.

Mike, I’d tend to agree.

Thank you both. Due to time constraints, not ideal but I’m running with the iframe for now but will try again, taking into account the likely javascript conflict somewhere.

I’ll try to remember to add the eventual solution here.

Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 9:04 am #54295

Thanks for the follow-up Olly. If you get a moment (we know you’re busy), but if you can please rate s2Member® for us we would VERY much appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Please register @ WordPress.org and rate s2Member®

NOTE: If you vote @ WordPress.org & LIKE us on Facebook, please reply back in the s2Member® Forums with a link to your nice comments (just to let us know). The company also has a way of saying thanks for this :-)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.