latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member roles

Home Forums Community Forum s2member roles

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Nik Diloreto 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 1st, 2013 at 1:56 pm #60801
Fred Riley
Username: fredriley

Yes, this thread title is almost identical to Jason’s article s2member roles/capabilities, and deliberately so. His article describes the access that members of different levels have, eg:

A Member with Level 4 access, will also be able to access Levels 0, 1, 2 & 3.
WordPress® Role: s2member_level4

But this doesn’t say what rights members of each level have.

My need is this: there are some pages on my site which need to be restricted, for viewing and editing, to executive members of my organisation. All exec members have been assigned the WordPress Editor role. The page level restriction allows me to set levels 0 to 4 for access. So I could set the restricted pages to be visible by level 2 or lower users. However, because a user can only have one role, I can’t set Jane Bloggs to be both an Editor and a Level 2 user.

So, could someone pleas tell me what rights the s2member roles have? In Jason’s article, he has:

WordPress® Administrators, Editors, Authors, and Contributors have Level 4 access, with respect to s2Member.

Does this mean that, if I set my restricted pages to level 4 access only, that users with the WP roles admin, editor, author, contributor will be able to see those pages?

I could also install the useful-looking User Role Editor plugin to modify roles and rights, but I’d like to know what the default rights are before I go messing around with them, and I also try to keep the number of plugins down to a minimum to reduce complexity.

I’ve posted this in the forum, rather than via personal tech support, as I think it might be of interest to other s2member users.

Fred

http://www.fredriley.org.uk

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Nov 2nd, 2013 at 6:37 am #60809

Hi Fred, my dashboard -> Settings -> General reads this: * Note: The s2Member plugin has control over two options on this page.
Anyone Can Register = 0, and New User Default Role = subscriber.
For further details, see: s2Member -› General Options -› Open Registration.

This means every member becoming a “subscriber”. It’s up to you to decide which level to have they dropped in.

Hope this helps

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.