latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Member with Short Codes Deluxe

Home Forums Community Forum s2Member with Short Codes Deluxe

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:11 pm #10380
Vanessa Kelly
Username: taLus

My integration with s2Member on the Thesis theme with aWeber has not been successful.
Although s2Member has successfully generated multiple PayPal transactions and delivered a username/password email upon testing, my aWeber list does not show a single new member, so of course my aWeber autoresponder fails to operate correctly.

I have isolated the problem to a s2Member conflict with the “Short Codes Deluxe” plug-in. Since I absolutely need “Short Codes Deluxe” plug-in for the esthetics of my website, I am seeking a work-around solution.

Is it possible that I might be able to use “Short Codes Deluxe” plug-in with s2Member and aWeber by using a “Signup Notification” or a “Registration Notification” within s2Member as if aWeber is a 3rd party not integrated within s2Member, or would I be better off migrating to MailChimp for my autoresponder, instead?

Bear in mind that I am not a PHP coder, so the appropriate string of code for the notification would be greatly appreciated!!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 6:06 pm #10391
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Vanessa,

You could certainly use the Signup or Registration notifications feature to create your own AWeber integration, however that would require writing a PHP script that accepts the s2Member signup/registration notification and then generates the necessary email to AWeber to subscribe the new user.

Have you determined that the conflict with the “Short Codes Deluxe” plugin is limited to the AWeber integration? I’m asking because if it causes problems with AWeber, there’s a chance it will cause problems with MailChimp as well.

If you haven’t tested s2Member MailChimp integration while using the “Short Codes Deluxe” plugin, I recommend you try that first. If it works, then using MailChimp instead of AWeber will definitely be the simplest solution.

Otherwise, you’ll need to hire a PHP programmer to write the necessary script to integrate with s2Member’s notification system. We recommend jobs.wordpress.net.

I’m sorry that I couldn’t be of more assistance. As per our support policy (please see s2Member® » Support Policy » Outside Scope), we are unable to assist with 3rd-party plugin integration.

Posted: Thursday Apr 12th, 2012 at 2:43 pm #10682
Vanessa Kelly
Username: taLus

s2Member IS compatible with the Short Codes Deluxe plug-in. The solution was to remove my PayPal button from Short Codes Deluxe “content box”. Having done that, everything worked perfectly. I hope this helps somebody, some day….

Posted: Thursday Apr 12th, 2012 at 3:43 pm #10688
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Vanessa, thanks for the follow-up.

Thanks for letting us know. Well store this information in our incompatible plugins list. :)

Once again, thanks. ;)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.