latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member_file_download_url returns false

Home Forums Community Forum s2member_file_download_url returns false

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Philly 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:57 am #19761

We are trying to get the rtmp service running between CloudFront and our website. Currently, we are unable to serve videos using s2member and CloudFront.

At first, I thought that perhaps it was the blank crossdomain.xml file that was causing the issue. I found a version on here with that I hve subsequently uploaded. This did not fix anything.

I then thought, perhaps I need to change some of the other options. I did this and the only thing that ever happened was that it would break the page entirely depending on what was added/removed.

Currently, I have $cfg set to the following:

$cfg = array( ‘file_download’=>$videourl, ‘url_to_storage_source’=>true, ‘count_against_user’=>true, ‘file_stream’=>true, ‘check_user’=>false );

Which I then call using the following:

if( $mp4 = s2member_file_download_url($cfg, true)) { /* jwplayer code here*/ }

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 3:43 am #19806
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mike,

The s2member_file_download_url() function returns false on any type of failure, so there are many things that cause that. I would start with double-checking your configuration. Also, you may want to try Philly’s shortcode to see if you can get it working that way.

Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 9:59 am #19841

Hi Raam:

Thanks for helping. We tried that shortcode thing, and we got a little further than we had been with just using the code from the plugin itself.

We still have an issue where it is not streaming. All it does it put a “Download File” link in a black box the size of the video player.

Any suggestions?

Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 6:42 am #19883

Mike, did you read this article? It may have something that helps in your case: Knowledge Base » JW Player sample code not working

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 2:28 pm #20421

Sorry for the late reply, it’s been a little hectic around here this week.

That being said, we did double check everything in that knowledge base article.

We are in Raw HTML mode.
We have the JW Player located in the correct directory.
We can play the video directly with the link.

As an aside, the “Download File” link allows the user to download the file. However, most of the videos are 500Mb+ in size, and this is not a workable solution.

For the time being, we are using Youtube to host the videos for streaming until we can get this issue resolved.

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:08 pm #20429

Hi Mike,

If you try to access the video directly by typing the url in the browser like:

http://www.yoursite.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/video.mp4

what happens? I’m just wondering if its your browser not supporting the file type? Is it mp4?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.