latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2members integration with 3rd party applicat

Home Forums Community Forum s2members integration with 3rd party applicat

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Gil Givati 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 2:17 pm #38313
Gil Givati
Username: ggivati

Hi,

I’m evaluating s2members for a new application website and everything (almost) seems to be great. That being said, I’m still looking for an answer to one special need.

I will have another application (written in PHP) that will have its own user management and ocne a user registers for certain service, I need to create the same user details on the remote application, using the same password.

I’ve tried hooking (using the s2-hacks.php) to different actions but couldnot have found a way to do so. is it really impossible ?

Thanks

Gil.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 4:41 pm #38483
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

API Notifications would be key here! Yes, please see this section of your Dashboard.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Registration Notifications

See also: Knowledge Base » Auto-Create iDevAffiliate™ Accounts?
See also: Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 3:21 pm #39222

Hi,

I have looked into the API feature but think I need something much simpler. I have an external app that just needs to query the s2member data. It will check usertype and some custom fields I create in s2member. Is this stuff stored in one of the tables under USER_ID? or is it otherwise accessible?

Thank you.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 3:53 pm #39232

Sorry, forget that request. I find now how I can parse the field and get the data I need.

Thanks and thanks for a great product!
Rob

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 5:02 am #39495
Staff Member
Awesome. Thanks for following-up. I appreciate that!
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 7:06 am #39496
Gil Givati
Username: ggivati

eventually I’ve looked into the code and found the during user configuration hook, which was very usefull.

However, because the other app is remote, I decided to do the integration before creating teh user locally and could not have found any action.therefor I decided to hook on the validate_username action.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.