latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2members protected podcast feed for iTunes

Home Forums Community Forum s2members protected podcast feed for iTunes

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 12:27 pm #26714
meets2
Username: meets2

Hello,
I’m looking to get a s2members protected podcast feed working in iTunes.
I’ve followed this very useful post
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=837&p=28558#p28558
and the video tutorial for s2Member® File Downloads (Remote Auth/Podcasting)
http://www.s2member.com/videos/71F49478D6983A9C/

I’ve managed to build a simple xml feed using the one Jason Caldwell has so kindly built in the first link above and saved both the xml and test file in the /s2member-files/ folder

I was able to subscribe to the xml feed in iTunes but could not get the file to download.
I verified Remote Authorization in a browser and the file could be accessed fine.

I finally found that the issue was wordpress multisite as I was using site.com/en/ and not the main site.com
To solve the issue I first set up s2member on the site.com but this wasn’t enough.
I also had to create a user on site.com with s2member access to the file.

to recap
to get a protected feed to work on iTunes if you have a multisite installation with site.com/en
1. setup s2member on site.com
2. register the users of site.com/en also on site.com
3. make sure that the user has an active membership to access the file (I tested this requirement by removing s2member level 1 access and the file would not be downloaded)

Is there a way to get this feature to work without having to set up s2member on the main site and without having to manually register and activate all users on the main site?

Thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:42 am #26802
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

I will forward this message to the Jason, the lead developer, and see if he can shed any light on how to make this work nicely with multi-site environments. I know he’s very busy working on the next major release of s2Member, but he always eventually gets to his emails. Thank you very much for your patience.

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 4:45 am #26810
meets2

Thank you.

Do you know if there is a simple way to have s2member automatically mirror users and their membership from a subsite/subfolder to the main one?

This could solve the issue for the short term.

Thank you

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 8:05 am #26827

Hi there.

Is there a way to get this feature to work without having to set up s2member on the main site and without having to manually register and activate all users on the main site?

So /en is a child blog in the multisite network? I’ll have to ask Jason about protected files for child blogs in a network, since I’m not experienced with this.

I’ll let you know when I hear back from him. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 8:07 am #26830
meets2

Yes the setup is
site.com
site.com/en
site.com/ja
etc
using wordpress 3.4.2 with multisite enabled

All other features have been working fine.

Thank you

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 8:30 am #26835

Got it. I emailed him, will be waiting for his reply now. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:57 am #28112
meets2

Hello,
I understand this must not be a top priority for s2member, even so are there any update?

Thank you

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  meets2.
Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 11:10 pm #28487
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

@meets2

Thanks for your patience. I’ve been unable to reproduce this so far. Can you please share the link format that you used exactly? For instance, were you using a link with query string arguments (i.e. ?s2member_file_download=file.zip), or were you using a rewrite link that points directly to the file?

Feel free to leave the domain out of the link, but if you can post the entire link that was used in iTunes, and a sample mp3 link that was used in the feed itself, that will help us find a resolution for you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.