latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2put writing to user custom meta

Home Forums Community Forum s2put writing to user custom meta

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 1:22 pm #30924

is there an “s2put” – s2get works flawlessly as a shortcode in other plugins, but with the serialized array, you cannot use field id or field name for example,

because of this
? – meta key = wp_s2member_custom_fields
? – meta val -a:1:{s:7:”testrun”;s:13:”testrun_entry”;}

so i see how s2get pulls unique data for unique fields out of serialized array, but cannot write back and wonder if maybe this is the solution and you can keep using the serialized array?

just a whim of a thought….would hate to read about an s2put that i never knew about….kick myself if i did :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:05 pm #30957
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jason,

The WordPress shortcodes as a feature are designed to pull information out of the database — they’re not designed to write information back into the database. If you needed to do that, you’d need to use some PHP code. If you wanted to use PHP code inside a WordPress Post/Page, you could do that with something like the Exec-PHP Plugin.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.