latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

sales tax not being added

Home Forums Community Forum sales tax not being added

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:08 pm #20343

Hello,

I upgraded to Pro because I read that it was the only way to be able to charge tax, but that I didn’t have to upgrade my Paypal account to pro.

I’ve added in all the tax codes, and gone to the Paypal account and gotten the API information and plugged that in. I then created a new button and it still isn’t charging tax. I’m testing it with a charge of $1.00, but I should see the final amount as $1.13 as the amount plus my province’s tax code. What am I missing?

I understand that I lose the ability for people to pay directly through their credit card.

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:10 am #20376

Hi Mary.

The tax feature is part of the pro-forms, not the buttons. You can use the pro-forms without PayPal Pro too. You can accept PayPal Express Checkout, which is also free.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms[/hilite]
Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 12:51 pm #20691

I thought I did this, but it still isn’t charging the tax. Do I have to grant API permissions too? Or put anything else in apart from filling in the three API things in Paypal’s signature?

thanks,

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 2:06 pm #20695

I’ve only set the amount as $1 for testing, but that shouldn’t make a difference should it?

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 3:42 pm #20697

I figured it out, I have a whole list of Provinces in my list and I’ve forgotten to enter the one I actually live in! It can’t charge me if it isn’t there!
Thanks for all your help and patience, upgrading has made a difference.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 3:20 am #20741
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update, Mary! Glad to hear you got it working. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.