latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Searchable members directory

Home Forums Community Forum Searchable members directory

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 10:43 am #11945

I have a client who is wanting a page that will display a searchable list of members, which, when a name is clicked on, takes them to that user’s profile, and displays their information to any other registered members who are signed in.

I had found the member-list plugin, but it was not pulling in any of the entries from the custom fields set in the s2member registration form, which is a problem.

I also found this topic on the s2member forums, where the support rep says “s2Member doesn’t have a user directory yet, but we have the intention to add it, although we don’t have a date for it.” So it sounds like something that is being worked on for a future release of s2member?

Lastly, I found this topic on the old forums, where the user typed up a walkthrough to add something like this. However, there was no search functionality with that. I was wondering if anyone had found a way to add a search function to that walkthrough since the last post of that topic? It looks like it was being kicked around.

Thanks for your help. I’m kind of at the end of my rope with a solution for this client. I’m not a programmer by any means, so any walkthroughs or anything out there are always helpful.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 12:18 pm #11956
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi Noelle, I’ve created a member list page with search for several websites I’ve previously built with s2Member:
http://www.newarkbusinessclub.co.uk/members-directory/
http://www.ispa.org.uk/members/

I am a programmer and it was difficult to initially learn how to do this… member data is stored in a slightly unique way in WordPress but the code samples and explanations from the s2 guys really helped.

Now I know how, it only takes a few hours to pull one together with all my custom fields, I’ll happily take a look at yours and quote for the work and if you’re familiar with CSS you can do all the styling yourself, I’ll just plonk in the code!

Alternatively here’s the post I found useful for learning how to code it up:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15658

Hope that helps either way!!

Zoe

Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 7:28 pm #12002
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Zoe,

Thank you so much for stepping in here and offering to help! :) Very much appreciated!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.