latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Secure streaming w/o option to download file

Home Forums Community Forum Secure streaming w/o option to download file

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 25th, 2013 at 12:09 pm #60606

Hi there,

I’m setting up a online course website where people pay for membership in return for online streaming of video courses.

Now, I’ve been testing different options for streaming the videos, and as I am already using s2Member for the payment gateway this seems like the most logical option. However, to keep initial costs down I’d like to store the files on my own server and not use Amazon® S3/CloudFront CDN (unless you’d highly recommend it in terms of security?).

I’ve had a look around the forum and help docs but haven’t found a tutorial that breaks it down simple enough for me (apologies).

I understand that I can use the JW Player® v6 & RTMP Protocol Examples to insert the video into a page, however this still requires me to set the Basic Download Options to allow download of the file (which is something I’d like to avoid). This also shows the video URL in the source code.

A step by step guide on how to set this up properly would be highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Tim

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 25th, 2013 at 6:05 pm #60616
cassel
Username: cassel

I might not have the complete answer for you, but I can share my own experience.
I am using Amazon S3 for storing the videos because of the total space it would take on my server. The cost of Amazon is usually under $5/month and it is pay as you use, so some months, I pay only around $2.

I am not 100% sure how to insert the code to have the video play from Amazon because I am using Easy Video Suite. That program is a bit pricey, especially if you are looking at a very low cost solution, however, it makes it really EASY (hence the name). Once configured, you drag and drop your video into their application, and it converts it and stores it on Amazon for you. Then, it generates a code for you to just insert into your post. I am sure there should be a way to do it directly (but I have about 200 video tutorials, so “easy” is good for me).

Someone more knowledgeable might come with a REAL answer to your inquiry.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.