latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Post Types & Secure upload?

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Post Types & Secure upload?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Terence Milbourn 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 18th, 2012 at 10:37 pm #5630

I have only just downloaded s2member so I am very much still learning.

Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with Custom Post Types and s2member?

I would also like to use s2member to manage the whole relationship with my subscribers which includes not only controlling access, but also allowing them to securely upload their own material to the site, from their desktop, where it can be automatically displayed and indexed by the bots.

The ideas is for the site to become a kind of Squidoo and display their own SEO generating content.

From your experience are these all possible with s2member?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:28 pm #5813
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.
Well, you won’t get a Squidoo out of s2Member alone, but yes; definitely a good way to start. s2Member will serve nicely as a framework on which to build such a site.

Regarding Custom Post Types. Yes, these are supported by s2Member. You can protect Custom Post Types using s2Member’s Post Access Restrictions. It’s even possible to protect “all” of a specific “type” of Post.

You will find further details in your Dashboard (even in the free version), under:
s2Member -> Restriction Options -> Post Level Access Restrictions.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 5:01 am #5838

@Jason That’s excellent. That’s exactly what I need, to have all-cptname protect all the custom post types. However, in your answer, you didn’t tackle the other issue of providing secure upload capability for members. So far I haven’t found that in s2, only secure download. Is it there in PRO but not in the free version?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:08 pm #6006
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Terence,

Secure File Upload is not currently a feature of s2Member (free or Pro).

If you require that functionality, you may want to search for a 3rd-party plugin that provides that functionality. s2Member utilizes the WordPress user base, so any WordPress plugin that offers secure file uploads to WordPress users should work (you’ll need to test to make sure it doesn’t interfere with s2Member in any way).

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:44 pm #6011

OK, thanks Raam. I’ll go see what already exists at WordPress.org and beyond.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.