latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

security-enabled directory shortcode

Home Forums Community Forum security-enabled directory shortcode

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 3:44 pm #40192
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

hi — i just am wondering if i’ve got this correct. I’m now using the shortcode for the path and it’s working just fine but i am not actually sure i need all of these quotes. I have:

<a>Download</a>

The link seems to work fine w/o the outer quotes — but I want to code it correctly and, according to the S2 instructions the shortcode just reproduces the url, right?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 7:46 am #40399
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I don’t think all of your code came through. Please wrap code with code tags before posting.
I think I understand what you’re asking though.

In the WP Visual Editor, you can create links to files by simply formulating the URL yourself.

http://www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/example-file.zip

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage

If you do this from the HTML tab, you can integrate the [s2File /] Shortcode into an anchor tag.

<a href="&#91;&#91;s2File download="example-file.zip" /&#93;&#93;">click HERE</a>
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.