latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Security Issues when working with outsourcers

Home Forums Community Forum Security Issues when working with outsourcers

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 29th, 2013 at 11:42 am #52803
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

Hi all – I can no longer keep up with my S2Members installs and I am in the process of hiring a programmer (a company actually) to help me. I have not had any problem in the past with having developer create blogs, websites etc.

But with S2Member installs it seems to me that there is an additional layer of security risk because of Paypal credentials and Google Wallet credentials and all that stuff. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or best practices for keeping my installs and data safe.

Thanks!

Ryan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 29th, 2013 at 8:58 pm #52812

Oh, I don’t know. If the person has access to your admin area, or your files, or the database, he will have access to these things. He could even hack your installation to send him a copy of private info of your clients when they make a payment, if he really wants to do damage. What I’m trying to say is that you should make sure he’s someone you can trust. I don’t know a middle term that someone with some knowledge could not abuse if he wanted to. :/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.