latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Security Redirecs to wrong page

Home Forums Community Forum Security Redirecs to wrong page

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 5:56 am #25746

On the site that I am building so far there are 3 pages that are to be paid for by the public.

Member area page
Report It Form Page – Child of Member Area Page
NEW – Report It Express Page – getting ready for a buy it now and bypasses member area

During testing I had to lift the security for Report it page and now when testing after having reinstating the security in restriction options – the tester account can’t access the Report form page any longer and takes you through to the membership options page.

Can someone please help as this is dragging on and on and the client is impatient to start promoting the site.

Kind regards

Mary Anne

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 6:51 am #25773
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Mary Anne,

If a page is redirecting to the Membership Options page, that indicates that the user does not have access to view that page. I would double-check your restriction options (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options) and make sure that the Report It page is not restricted to a higher level than the test account has access to.

As a last resort, you can also look at the URL when the test account is redirected to the Membership Options Page. The URL will contain details about why it was redirected (i.e., what restrictions were preventing the user from viewing the page). If you copy/paste that long URL here for us to look at, we can tell you exactly what restriction is preventing the test user from viewing the page.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 7:29 am #25777
Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 12:06 pm #25812

The issue is still not solved by the way. Help please?

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 3:23 am #25883

I have pasted a screen shot of what the page access restrictions looks like, I can’t see anything wrong with it – the problem is not fixed and I need help PLEASE :-(

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 7:58 am #25918

Hi Mary Anne.

The Membership Options Page vars show that the required level for page 48 is Level 3. I see that you entered that page ID to the Page restriction for levels 1, 2 and 3. I’d recommend that you just entered it at the lowest level you want to require for that page, which in this case would be Level 1.

Let me know if that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 1:08 pm #25974

Hi Christian

I have deleted all other entries with the exception of level 1 and level 4 and it still isn’t working with the Tester account. So no it hasn’t helped.

:-(

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 10:25 pm #26006
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Can you tell me what level of access the test user has? For the test user to access page 48, the user must have s2Member Level 3 or higher.

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 4:32 am #26026

Tester account has level 1 access, which is supposed to be sufficient to unlock page 48 and that’s what I want it to do. Can you help me achieve this please.

Thanks

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 8:03 am #26041

I have deleted all other entries with the exception of level 1 and level 4 and it still isn’t working with the Tester account. So no it hasn’t helped.

Did you make sure the change was saved before testing again with the Tester account?

Could you submit your site info so I take a look? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.