latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Sell posts & Subscriptions

Home Forums Community Forum Sell posts & Subscriptions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Ah_Nora 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:15 am #48363

Hi,

I’m using s2member pro for selling subscriptions to access different types of content with ccap. Everything has gone well.

Now, I would like to sell a pay-per-view option to free registered users. I’ve published a post that I would like to sell. So I have copied its ID, pasted in the field ‘Specific Post/Page IDs Being Sold On Your Site’, saved changes, and also generated the button on ‘Button Code Generator For Specific Post/Page Buttons’. Where I have to paste this code?

The result of all of this is that all the members of the site will be redirected to the options page that, in my case, is a page where we inform of every options of subscriptions.

Obviously, I am doing something wrong… but I’m lost. Could you help me?

Thanks,

Alejandro.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 1:15 am #48425
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

generated the button on ‘Button Code Generator For Specific Post/Page Buttons’. Where I have to paste this code?

This should go on your Membership Options Page. s2Member blocks access to the whole post when you use Specific Post/Page Restrictions, and redirects to the Membership Options Page.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 4:13 am #48452

So if I want to sell 100 posts, do I have to create 100 buttons and insert them into the same page? I thought there was a better way to do it :( Anyway, thanks for your help, Bruce.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 6:15 am #48461

Well, If I have understood well this post I can create a ccap for every “premium post” of my site. It is not the best solution in my case (because I have hundreds of posts that I would like to sell) but it is a possible solution. Do you think that it is the best solution for me or there is a best alternative in my case?

Thanks,

Alejandro.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 10:28 am #48492

Case solved. I explain what I have done just in case my solution would be helpfull for somebody:

Case solved this way:

1) According to this thread, s2Member and Woocommerce are compatible. So I have installed the second one to sell products (posts).

2) A ‘premium post’ is only accessible by subscribers with the custom capability ccap_access_mag, in my case. Annonymous users and users without the required capability will find a woocommerce button to buy the post. This is possible according to the info explained in the ‘Package s2Member\API_Functions’.

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_access_mag)]

Protected post (Premium content)

[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_cannot(access_s2member_ccap_access_mag)]

[Woocommerce_button]

[/s2If]

That’s it!

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 8:33 pm #48516
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the information!

I’m sure it will be helpful for other Users in the future.

Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 1:52 pm #49699
Ah_Nora
Username: Ah_Nora

Alejandro,

I need to do just the same thing you did but I have several 1000 of posts that I want to sell… could you elaborate a bit more on woocommerce integration, pls?!?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.