latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Selling additional CCAP current Members

Home Forums Community Forum Selling additional CCAP current Members

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  TBguitars 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:10 pm #26600
TBguitars
Username: tbguitars

I just want to be sure I’m thinking of this right.

I have two different packages for sale, ech has its own custopm capabilites that are included as well as a level one membership.

If someone buys package #1 and sets up their membership and then has access to the CCAP that was included and then later buys package #2, will it try to make them set up a new membership or will it simply add the new CCAP access to their account?

I’m not sure if I am even thinking about this right, so if there is a better approach I would love some advice.

Thank you for your help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #26603
cassel
Username: cassel

I doing the exact same thing in my site: i have several products, and each have their own ccaps. If a member already had access to ccaps 1, 2 and 3, and now buys another product with ccaps 4, 5 and 6, they will be added to the previous ones, so they will end up with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

The only “drawbacks” are these:
– if the product has an EOT, s2M can only handle one and it will be the last one (i hope they have more option in the next release in that regard)
– if the member purchases the product with the ccaps 4, 5 and 6 while NOT LOGGED IN, s2M will not be able to recognize that it is an already registered member, and therefore, the ccaps will NOT be added automatically.

For that last “problem”, you can use some workarounds:
– state under the Paypal button “If you are a registered member, please log in before clicking this button”
– you can have the button appear only if they are logged in (so be registered already) but that might be annoying if the member is all ready to purchase and is totally new to your site
– if you dont have that many purchases in a day/week, you can check them manually as you get the confirmation of their purchase, and add the ccaps manually if not done.

Hope it helps.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:24 pm #26604
TBguitars
Username: tbguitars

Cassel,

Thank you that helps very much!!

Tom

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.