latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Separate products instead of sequential?

Home Forums Community Forum Separate products instead of sequential?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 8:34 am #16588
Skip Shean
Username: skipshean

I have a site that I’m trying to create 4 separate products for, instead of sequential levels. In other words, a purchaser of product A does not have access to product C, and product D buyer doesn’t have access to product B, etc.

As far as I can tell, S2 does levels sequentially instead of separately — but is there a way to do this?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:30 am #16589
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Yep!

Just wrap your content (products) with one of these tags and only that level membership can access it.

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level4)]
    Some premium content for Level 4 Members.
[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level3)]
    Some premium content for Level 3 Members.
[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level2)]
    Some premium content for Level 2 Members.
[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]
    Some premium content for Level 1 Members.
[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level0)]
    Some content for Free Subscribers.
[/s2If]

[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
    Some public content.
[/s2If]

I think you could also do this using custom capabilities and just one actual user level. Just create registration forms for the following level / custom capabilities.

Level 1 – CC: Product1
Level 1 – CC: Product2
etc.

You may need to also make CC purchase buttons if you want them to “upgrade” in the future.

Then for each page / post that is only for product 1 you add the custom capability Product1 and only those Level 1 members who have Product1 cc will be able to view it.

It’s more about preference in how you want to display content, etc.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:40 am #16594
Skip Shean

thanks david, appreciate the assist — which file does that code go into?

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:02 am #16595
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Those are short codes, so you can use them to wrap any content in any of your posts or pages.

So, you would just put them inside your actual post or page content with the content inside… for example:

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]
    Some premium content for Level 1 Members. blah blah blah
[/s2If]
[s2If !current_user_is(s2member_level1)]
    Everyone else see's this. click here to get this premium content... blah blah blah
[/s2If]

EDIT: Check out this part of your s2member install for more options and ideas: s2member -> API / Scripting -> Simple / Shortcode Conditionals

Hope that helps,

Dave

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  David Welch.
Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 12:06 pm #16598
Skip Shean

it does, thank you.

Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 11:06 am #16769
Skip Shean

Is there a way to do it without shortcodes, using categories or tag protection instead?

Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 9:04 pm #16813
Skip Shean

OK, I found that coding under the conditionals section that explains things. I think I understand it now it just took reading it like 10 times to get it.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:59 am #16875

Yeah, at first they may be odd, but once you get the hang of conditionals, you can do cool things. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.