latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Separate Registration & Profile Pages

Home Forums Community Forum Separate Registration & Profile Pages

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 4:54 pm #25210

I have few questions:

1. I would like to present new user a simple registration form containing just User Name, Email & Password fields. After that user will be redirected to My Profile page where he/she can provide more details like Name, Address, Phone, various other questions and newsletter subscription.

2. Can I use custom Fields on Profile Edit page containing Address (divided in 5 fields), Telephone (3 fields), Date Picker, Newsletter Signup check & T&C check?

3. Can I create Ajax based form on User Profile page? I have various custom fields divided in 3 different sections. I want to show user next section after he/she completes previous one.

4. Is it possible to integrate S2M with WP e-Commerce plugin (http://www.getshopped.org/)? I want to handle Registration, Login and Profile related tasks by S2M, whereas all of the e-commerce stuff will be controlled via WP e-Commerce.

5. Can I call the user details (registered by S2M) on WP e-Commerce Check Out page so that they dont need to fill out the complete form. Similarly, I want to use Order details (generated by WP e-Commerce) of client on his profile page.

6. Above mentioned tasks can be done via Free plugin or I need to buy the Pro version?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 12:20 am #25246
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

1. I would like to present new user a simple registration form containing just User Name, Email & Password fields. After that user will be redirected to My Profile page where he/she can provide more details like Name, Address, Phone, various other questions and newsletter subscription.

When you create custom registration/profile fields, you can specify whether the field should be visible during registration or only after registration (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields).

s2Member provides a shortcode for displaying a Profile Editing form (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications). You can direct your members to a page with this profile editing form after they login so they can update the rest of the fields.

2. Can I use custom Fields on Profile Edit page containing Address (divided in 5 fields), Telephone (3 fields), Date Picker, Newsletter Signup check & T&C check?

Yes.

3. Can I create Ajax based form on User Profile page? I have various custom fields divided in 3 different sections. I want to show user next section after he/she completes previous one.

This would require custom programming on your end. s2Member simply provides a shortcode that generates a form containing all the profile fields, along with a password update section. It is possible to edit the Profile Editing form templates (see this thread for more info).

4. Is it possible to integrate S2M with WP e-Commerce plugin (http://www.getshopped.org/)? I want to handle Registration, Login and Profile related tasks by S2M, whereas all of the e-commerce stuff will be controlled via WP e-Commerce.

This may be possible, but you’ll need to test it yourself. We do not provide support for integration with 3rd party plugins. You may want to check or search the Community Forum to see if other s2Member users have successfully integrated with WP e-Commerce.

5. Can I call the user details (registered by S2M) on WP e-Commerce Check Out page so that they dont need to fill out the complete form. Similarly, I want to use Order details (generated by WP e-Commerce) of client on his profile page.

Since s2Member is a WordPress plugin, you should have access to all the details stored by s2Member as long as the WordPress framework is loaded on the pages generated by WP e-Commerce. For Advanced PHP Conditionals offed by s2Member, please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals.

6. Above mentioned tasks can be done via Free plugin or I need to buy the Pro version?

If you want to create your own registration forms with s2Member, you will need to use the Pro-Forms feature; this requires s2Member Pro. With the free version of s2Member, you will need to use the default WordPress Registration page (/wp-login.php?action=register).

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.