latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Set Subscription Date

Home Forums Community Forum Set Subscription Date

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 12:11 pm #55680

Hello.

Offline, our membership year runs from May-May each year. Members have to renew each May.

New members who sign up during the year, are charged a pro-rata fee depending on the month they sign up in.

For example if they sign up in August they only get charged for 9 months.

Is there a way I can implement this using s2member?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 7:44 am #55753

Yes, you can have a bit of PHP to calculate the months until May, and charge that in the initial term, then the regular yearly terms will start after it. This will help: Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 8:15 am #55762

Are you suggesting I use the trial period for the pro-rate part of the membership? Will this show up as a trial for the customer?

Would I have to set the trial period in days so that the annual fee can start on the 1st May? If I did it using months am I right in thinking that the annual fee would be charged from the day they signed up on? (In May).

Do you have some sample PHP code that could calculate this for me?

Do you have a link to some documentation describing the different variables used in the PayPal forms?

E.g. ta, tp, rp etc.

Thanks for you help!

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 8:21 am #55763

Are you suggesting I use the trial period for the pro-rate part of the membership? Will this show up as a trial for the customer?

If you’re charging him for that period, then it’s an initial period, instead of a free trial. This would be a period that happens before the regular recurring ones.

Would I have to set the trial period in days so that the annual fee can start on the 1st May? If I did it using months am I right in thinking that the annual fee would be charged from the day they signed up on? (In May).

Both correct.

Do you have some sample PHP code that could calculate this for me?

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/recurring-prorating-of-billing/#post-7410

Do you have a link to some documentation describing the different variables used in the PayPal forms?
E.g. ta, tp, rp etc.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)[/hilite]

:)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 8:23 am #55764

I’ve just found the shortcode definitions :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 8:38 am #55767

Looks great thanks, I’ll give it a go.

I just need to come up with some maths to convert the number of days into complete/part months so that the pro-rata rate can be applied.

I.e. Every month or part month they pay membership for costs the annual membership rate / 12.

Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 10:42 pm #55971
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I just need to come up with some maths to convert the number of days into complete/part months so that the pro-rata rate can be applied.

If you take the price into a calculator, you could just take what you get from dividing your price by 12, and multiply this in PHP by the number of months the User is paying for.

See: http://php.net/manual/en/language.operators.arithmetic.php

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.