latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Set-up Fee and Recurring Monthly Subscription

Home Forums Community Forum Set-up Fee and Recurring Monthly Subscription

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Mike Whitney 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 2:37 pm #30354

I am now preparing some offerings where I want to charge a set-up fee and then a monthly subscription fee as well. I’m sorry if this has already been answered somewhere but how do I integrate this capability? I am currently using custom capabilities and PayPal Pro Forms.
So I need to be able to collect the set-up fee (1 time) along with the 1st monthly subscription cost. Then charge just the regular monthly fee recurring.

Will this work? Using Proforms:

Offer the 1st day at set-up fee amount.
Then charge amount in monthly.
Then in description put in set-up fee instead of “1 day @”

What will the first charge actually be? Just for the 1st day. Then the next day it charges the monthly fee? I really need to get it to charge everything in that first payment.

Also out of curiosity I see possibilities about multiple subscription capability in the next release? Is this true and when might it be out?

Thanks.
Mike

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Mike Whitney.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:43 am #30437

Hi Mike.

You can use the initial term for this (also called trial term when you don’t charge for it). Charge the setup and first month together in the initial term. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> ta, tp, tt[/hilite]

ta="0.00" Trial Amount. Only valid w/ Membership Level Access. Must be 0 when rt="L" or when rr="BN".
tp="0" Trial Period. Only valid w/ Membership Level Access. Must be 0 when rt="L" or when rr="BN".
tt="D" Trial Term. Only valid w/ Membership Level Access. Possible values: D = Days, W = Weeks, M = Months, Y = Years.

I hope that helps!

Also out of curiosity I see possibilities about multiple subscription capability in the next release? Is this true and when might it be out?

Not the next release, the next major release, it’s a full rewrite of s2Member and still under development, although now close to beta. No date for it yet, we’ll make the announcement when it’s ready. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 3:15 pm #30481

Ok please excuse me as I’m still a noob when it comes to S2Member and in set-up.

I tried this code however it still only charges $1.00 at payment. I do see that Paypal shows this in my PayPal Manager ‘Optional Trx for recurring profile 2 of RPRef RPF57BDDCC2A’. But it didn’t collect. Does that mean at some point it will try to? I had the TP / TT at 0 days so I thought it would collect at payment. What did it collect for Trial or recurring then?

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="test" desc="$ 1 Set-up Fee and $1 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.***********.com" ta="1" tp="0" tt="D" ra="1" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]
Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:05 pm #30504
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mike,

If you’re trying to charge $2 total at signup ($1 setup fee + $1 recurring amount), then you need to set the Trial/Initial amount to $2, not $1. That way, the customer will be charged $2 for the first month ($1 setup fee + $1 recurring fee), and then $1/month after that.

Does that make sense?

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:12 pm #30506

Ok yep I see where I sent wrong.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Mike Whitney.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.