latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Setting membership level

Home Forums Community Forum Setting membership level

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 10:57 am #22361
Fred Riley
Username: fredriley

Hi

This has to be a RTFM question, but I can’t see the answer in the fine manual or fora. I’m testing s2member free on a localhost WordPress installation. I’ve set up a restricted page, and have manually added some users in the usual WP Users dialogue. I can’t, though, see any way of setting the user’s membership level. So I’ve two simple questions which I’d be grateful if someone could answer:

1. How do you set the membership level of a user?
2. Can you restrict an area of the site on URL, for instance all children of the page http://localhost/wordpress/members/? Or do I have to use page IDs?

In the first instance, whilst testing, and perhaps for initial deployment, I’d like to be able to add users manually via CSV import from our membership database which I know requires the Pro version. I don’t want to integrate PayPal (or any other gateway) as yet as I don’t want to put all our membership eggs into the s2member basket until I’ve tested it on all our members. Plus I’m in a hurry to demo s2member capabilities to my colleagues. Hence the bypassing of PayPal and manual user entry.

This is related to the previous post of mine on the pre-sales FAQ.

Cheers

Fred

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 4:44 pm #22394
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Fred,

See my answers below:

I can’t, though, see any way of setting the user’s membership level. So I’ve two simple questions which I’d be grateful if someone could answer:

1. How do you set the membership level of a user?

When editing/creating the user, if you have s2member enabled, you should be able to select the role the user has, choose s2Member level # for the level you want. ;)

2. Can you restrict an area of the site on URL, for instance all children of the page http://localhost/wordpress/members/? Or do I have to use page IDs?

Yes this is possible, check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.